First Casualty of the Console Wars: Microsoft Closes Studio

#41Jiggy101011Posted 12/6/2013 11:38:21 AM
cheezedadada posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
So wait they just moved the studio to Vancouver nice miss leading thread btw.

Exactly.

So... topic flagged.

Admin, please close this topic.

I almost want it to stay open so people can address the point I brought up. It oddly seems to have gone 'dark' in this thread after it was brought to light.

Sadly its how gamers are, they only pay attention to the console side of each company and that is why when something like this happens you have people saying "Microsoft may not exist anymore because they closed down a studio".

Its why everyone ignores the fact that Sony had to sell off buildings to stay afloat, if those buildings have nothing to do with the Playstation brand then it is ignored. It will never change.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#42bob15xPosted 12/6/2013 11:41:10 AM
I have said this before and will say it again, almost all of you and most people on these boards know anything about how business works on the inside so its best to just shut up because your opinions are worthless in most cases on the matter.
#43Jiggy101011Posted 12/6/2013 11:50:26 AM
bob15x posted...
I have said this before and will say it again, almost all of you and most people on these boards know anything about how business works on the inside so its best to just shut up because your opinions are worthless in most cases on the matter.

Exactly. Closing down a studio could be for any number of reasons, people talking like they know the real reason are just blowing smoke out of their ass. The only people who know the real reason is that studio and Microsoft.

As another poster pointed out in this topic, it doesnt look like this particular studio has done anything in the past 2 years. It could just be they were not meeting their deadlines, who knows.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#44cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 11:55:07 AM
Leventhan26 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
No comments as to Sony selling off a combined $2.3 BILLION dollars worth of real estate this year? How are they still in business guys? What is this blasphemy?

Would love to get some feedback.

Go ask the ps4 board?

No. This is definitely on topic with what was posted originally. The issue I raised basically slams the door shut on this ridiculous thread and people have no response. The question remains for anyone else who wants to answer it.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#45Reflex-ArcPosted 12/6/2013 11:56:12 AM
Any guesses on the number of additional threads we'll see on this topic over the next 24-48 hours?
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#46cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 12:00:58 PM(edited)
Jiggy101011 posted...

Sadly its how gamers are, they only pay attention to the console side of each company and that is why when something like this happens you have people saying "Microsoft may not exist anymore because they closed down a studio".

Its why everyone ignores the fact that Sony had to sell off buildings to stay afloat, if those buildings have nothing to do with the Playstation brand then it is ignored. It will never change.

It's ridiculous too because a lot of the people here who get called 'fanboys' or 'xbots' or whatever moronic BS are actually quite impartial. In other threads you see blatant trolls making fun of people with signatures containing both PSN and XBL accounts. The people who actually embrace many consoles are the 'xbots' apparently. Ridiculous.

It is very true indeed that Sony had to sell off those buildings. I visit the vita boards a lot and I even remember the day that it got announced because people were using it as ammo to upset Vita fans. Same thing that is happening in this thread. Unfortunately for this thread, my point completely trumps the original post in every way.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#47RybalPosted 12/6/2013 12:04:03 PM
cheezedadada posted...
bultje112 posted...
krystyla posted...
As if layoffs in the video game industry isn't a common thing, move on

how many studios did sony lay off in recent years? fanboy

At least 2 that I know of this year for a total of $2.3 billion.

You answered a question that wasn't asked. (BTW, Sony also bought a building on the West Coast that they intend to use as their new NA HQ).

HackersRLame posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Bummer that we have so many 'anti-gamers' hoping and getting excited by layoffs in the gaming industry.

...are NOT knee-jerk, immature reactions?

I'm not sure how Ellesarien's response could be considered knee-jerk or immature. He was complaining about the same thing that you were - that people were happy by this news.

-----------------

Oh, and the article also mentions that it was a small, new studio. New companies or branches of existing companies are the most fragile. The article also notes that, due to its location, the employees should be pretty hot hires. What isn't mentioned is that they all likely got fairly significant severance packages and, having been employed by MS in the gaming industry is likely to get them all rehired within a month. Employment prospects vary depending on the area and field, and these people are the in the right field in the right area.
---
To all trolls (and those that are tired of the trolling) - http://goo.gl/YVX7op
PSN: Rybal_81
#48NinjaPirateDoodPosted 12/6/2013 12:08:46 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
Any guesses on the number of additional threads we'll see on this topic over the next 24-48 hours?

---
Self-proclaimed Shotgun Shogun.
"A gamer chooses. A fanboy obeys."
#49AceAndJunpeiPosted 12/6/2013 12:10:14 PM
Cheeze can tell you I'm not a Sony apologist by any means, but when studio closures under Sony occurred, it was all "lulz doomed!", but now that it's MS it's "shut up! They're becoming efficient!"

What the f*** guys...this site is awful.
---
Now Playing: AC4: Black Flag (PS3/PC), SMTIV (3DS), WWHD (WiiU) SM3DW (WiiU), Zelda: ALBW (3DS) CoD: Ghosts (PC/Ultra settings)
#50ChemicalReaperPosted 12/6/2013 12:29:37 PM(edited)
leathelj posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Bummer that we have so many 'anti-gamers' hoping and getting excited by layoffs in the gaming industry.

that's what i was saying but hey its ms so all the haters are happy about it and its ok to hate on ms because all the cool kids are doing it and many of them are still but hurt over e3 but im not going to be happy that a place has got shut down and people are losing there jobs nor do i want a gameing company to go out of business Microsoft of course will never go out of business but i mean there xbox division part i dought they will also but this fanboy war is dirty and nasty and people love to point the finger and demonize ms in every single way.

For the love of god: punctuation, please!
---
XBL: halo6vegas | PSN: Hank_McCheezy
GTAO Crew: Steel Phoenix (Currently Recruiting!)