First Casualty of the Console Wars: Microsoft Closes Studio

#61cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 1:13:19 PM(edited)
Leventhan26 posted...

I never said it wasn't on topic. But if you want answers go ask ps4 board. The pathetic fanboys and trolls here wont answer you.

My only response was to the pathetic people who constantly bring up the ps4 or xbox on the opposite board....

I would, but the PS4 forum is a much healthier place at this point. I would feel like a total jackass going over there and doing what TC did here. This forum is complete garbage from top to bottom and I wouldn't wish that on the PS4 forums as well. Ill just let them enjoy their console.

Only reason I even brought it up though was because the TC's true intention behind this thread. First casualty, implying that there will be others in the future. Made this thread only to get a total rise out of people. I then counter his point with the fact that Sony sold two gigantic headquarters and are still fine, which apparently stopped that argument in its tracks.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#62cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 1:00:43 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Cheeze can tell you I'm not a Sony apologist by any means, but when studio closures under Sony occurred, it was all "lulz doomed!", but now that it's MS it's "shut up! They're becoming efficient!"

What the f*** guys...this site is awful.

Yeah you are definitely not a Sony apologist. =P

The 'lulz doomed!' coming from both sides is ridiculous. It's just people trying to get a rise out of others. I used to think other forums on gamefaqs were bad, but they are a picnic compared to this dump.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
#63HackersRLame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 1:06:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#64nickr2d2Posted 12/6/2013 1:11:02 PM
HackersRLame posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
So wait they just moved the studio to Vancouver nice miss leading thread btw.

Exactly. So... topic flagged. Admin, please close this topic.

How thick are you people? Or do you purposely just pull your hat down over you ears and try not to hear news that upsets you? Or is this a form of trolling that amuses you for some bizarre reason?

For the THIRD TIME:

HackersRLame posted...
No, they did not. They already have a studio in Vancouver that they want to be the only studio in area. Read the article.

We are working closely with all employees affected by this change to identify open positions in other studios if possible, and we remain committed to doing business in British Columbia.

So, for those familiar with the short bus in the room, the studio is not "just being moved." The Vancouver studio is not just taking in the employees from Victoria. Has reading retention really dropped to such an abysmal level for video game players under the age of 21?

Jesus, It's like trying to read the response of an angry four-year-old.

THE SHUTDOWN OF A STUDIO DOESN'T MEAN THAT A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY DIVISION IS CLOSING!

Why don't you read some economic books while you're under your rock?
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#65HackersRLame(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 1:19:18 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#66nickr2d2Posted 12/6/2013 1:22:36 PM
HackersRLame posted...
This is not against TOU for GF, nor is it misleading in any way whatsoever as I have tirelessly tried to explain to the SPECIAL PEOPLE IN THE ROOM.

And now there is a TOU violation.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#67B0tflyPosted 12/6/2013 1:23:44 PM
nickr2d2 posted...
HackersRLame posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
Gambitbuzzkill posted...
So wait they just moved the studio to Vancouver nice miss leading thread btw.

Exactly. So... topic flagged. Admin, please close this topic.

How thick are you people? Or do you purposely just pull your hat down over you ears and try not to hear news that upsets you? Or is this a form of trolling that amuses you for some bizarre reason?

For the THIRD TIME:

HackersRLame posted...
No, they did not. They already have a studio in Vancouver that they want to be the only studio in area. Read the article.

We are working closely with all employees affected by this change to identify open positions in other studios if possible, and we remain committed to doing business in British Columbia.

So, for those familiar with the short bus in the room, the studio is not "just being moved." The Vancouver studio is not just taking in the employees from Victoria. Has reading retention really dropped to such an abysmal level for video game players under the age of 21?

Jesus, It's like trying to read the response of an angry four-year-old.

THE SHUTDOWN OF A STUDIO DOESN'T MEAN THAT A MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY DIVISION IS CLOSING!

Why don't you read some economic books while you're under your rock?

I read and re-read what he said, and he didn't mention anything about this being the end for MS or Xbone. He pointed out what happened. Regardless of his intent, he is right. And you flagging a topic because you don't like what is said? Seriously? Because you WERE wrong about it just being relocated. That's NOT what is happening. You know this. It was pointed out. So, no, this NOT a misleading topic. A studio was closed. Could it mean hard times? Yes. Could it mean nothing, and was a simple business move? Yes. If you flag it, flag it for being subtle troll food. OR, just don't feed into it. Yea, there's that too. (And NO I'm not a Sony fanboy. I have both and a PC)
---
Ah, f*** it.
#68BudWisenheimerPosted 12/6/2013 1:26:18 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
sounds like black tusk studios is working on something big! :-)

Heh. Right there on the first page. Yeah Black Tusk is definitely the hub right now.
#69cheezedadadaPosted 12/6/2013 1:26:21 PM
HackersRLame posted...
cheezedadada posted...
nickr2d2 posted...
Admin, please close this topic.

I almost want it to stay open so people can address the point I brought up. It oddly seems to have gone 'dark' in this thread after it was brought to light.

First off, all I did was create a topic about a news item I read on another gaming site this morning. This is not against TOU for GF, nor is it misleading in any way whatsoever as I have tirelessly tried to explain to the special people in the room.

Secondly, I fail to see what this...
cheezedadada posted...
No comments as to Sony selling off a combined $2.3 BILLION dollars worth of real estate this year? How are they still in business guys? What is this blasphemy?

Would love to get some feedback.

...has to do with the topic at hand. I am not the one sticking my chest out and getting all PS4 VS XBOX ONE FIGHT! defensive. It is widely known that the video games side of Sony's business is its golden goose while certain other areas (cameras, TVS, and computers for example) are deep in the red.

Next time just make the title "Microsoft Closes Studio" then. Why put loaded implications with 'first casualty' and implying this is the beginning of the end? That's all...
---
#70bob15xPosted 12/6/2013 1:30:59 PM
TC you can get mad all you want but you are trying to tie in the closure of that studio to a causality of the console war.

there is zero proof of that and it may and most likely has absolutely nothing to do with financial failures.

for some reason you are having a problem realizing that. Hence why people are saying your topic title is misleading.

if you know how business works you would realize that restructuring happens all the time. Sometimes when things because more efficient that one office could be capable of handling the capacity of the other office. Or that studio just hasn't produced anything for years and are not slotted for any projects because they are being handled by other studios.

but you seem to want to cling to some assumption that this has anything to do with the console war.

I have seen full offices shutdown, half the staff let go, and other half work from home when sales were up. As technology advances so do opportunities to implement efficiencies into the work place.