First Casualty of the Console Wars: Microsoft Closes Studio

#71chickabumpbumpPosted 12/6/2013 2:38:50 PM
TC is clearly an idiot who has read the article and made his own assumption out of it, reading what he wants and stating what he wants.

As someone who worked for Rare on kinect in Birmingham, our studio closed and ALL the staff moved to another studio therfore we didnt close down because of money did we, we moved. Same staff, same studio, same company, same games but it makes things easier being under one roof working on the same project.

Close the thread and shut up TC
#72reaper329Posted 12/6/2013 2:59:47 PM
Reading the banter in this topic makes my brain hurt.
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
FC: 2208 4654 8189
#73ThePylonPosted 12/6/2013 3:06:38 PM
More likely ms closed the studio because the xbone did better then they expected. Before when everyone was crying "ms is doomed" they probably thought "gee we need to make our own games so we dont end up in a Wii u situation", anticipating the worst. But they got the sales they need 3rd party support is not going anywhere fast, why bother with some game coming out of victoria?
As well recently the BC gov got rid of a variety of tax incentives for vg studios, that's probably the only reason It opened in the first place.
Lol I hate ms more then anyone I know but this was a bad topic
---
I play too many different games to even care.
#74ssjgohhkuPosted 12/6/2013 3:18:33 PM
Xbox Done
#75overshadowPosted 12/6/2013 3:34:18 PM(edited)
There were really only two reasons I heard that caused that studio to be opened here in the first place. The biggest was Don Mattrick lives in town (the second being the ferry right by the studio that goes directly to downtown Seattle, so it was an easy trip to Redmond). With Mattrick gone why keep it open.
#76bucko5caPosted 12/6/2013 3:36:48 PM
Probably too much smoking going on considering the island
---
GT:No Fly
#77leatheljPosted 12/6/2013 3:58:45 PM
ChemicalReaper posted...
leathelj posted...
Ellesarien posted...
Bummer that we have so many 'anti-gamers' hoping and getting excited by layoffs in the gaming industry.

that's what i was saying but hey its ms so all the haters are happy about it and its ok to hate on ms because all the cool kids are doing it and many of them are still but hurt over e3 but im not going to be happy that a place has got shut down and people are losing there jobs nor do i want a gameing company to go out of business Microsoft of course will never go out of business but i mean there xbox division part i dought they will also but this fanboy war is dirty and nasty and people love to point the finger and demonize ms in every single way.

For the love of god: punctuation, please!

"A person who believes proper grammar (and spelling) should be used by everyone whenever possible. b – One who attempts to persuade or force others to use proper grammar and spelling. c – One who uses proper grammar and spelling to subtly mock or deride those who do not; an exhibitor of grammatical superiority. d – One who advocates linguistic clarity; an opponent of 1337-speak. e – One who corrects others' grammar; the spelling police."
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#78BigBOO2UPosted 12/8/2013 3:17:12 PM
bob15x posted...
TC you can get mad all you want but you are trying to tie in the closure of that studio to a causality of the console war.

Actually, yes you could argue that this was the "First casualty of the console war" after all.

This was the first major studio closure since both the Xbox One and PS4 have launched. That and the fact that this developer was specifically an Xbox One developer.

Some of you Xbox Fanboys can get really out of hand on some things, can't you? I can see how that "You mad bro?" meme came about now.
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#79ILikesCheesePosted 12/11/2013 6:52:54 AM
BigBOO2U posted...
bob15x posted...
TC you can get mad all you want but you are trying to tie in the closure of that studio to a causality of the console war.

Some of you Xbox Fanboys can get really out of hand on some things, can't you? I can see how that "You mad bro?" meme came about now.

You made me curious enough to look that up on "KNOWYOURMEME!"

"u mad bro", "U MAD?", "You mad, bro?"

About
“U MAD?”, sometimes written as “you mad?” or “u mad bro?”, is a catchphrase that is often used in discussion threads to imply that someone is losing their temper during the course of an argument.

Origin
The phrase “You mad, ‘cause [I’m better than you]” is a dissing technique found in the context of hip hop music, with its roots in freestyle battling. The phrase can be often heard on “diss tracks”[1], or songs primarily intended to insult another artist (example shown below, left). The first image macro using the phrase featured the Harlem-based rapper Cam’Ron pointing off camera with the overlaid text “YOU MAD.” The still image came from a segment on the Bill O’Reilly Show (shown below, right) where Cam’Ron appeared with producer Damon Dash to debate whether or not rap was harmful to children in November 2003.

But you're right. Certain Fanboys really do get their knickers in a bunch around these parts. :)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#80BigBOO2UPosted 12/15/2013 11:40:14 AM
nickr2d2 posted...
So... topic flagged.

Admin, please close this topic.

Board User Information
User Name HackersRLame
User ID 6632093
Board User Level -2: Banned
User has been banned from posting messages for one or more Terms of Service violations.

...and people say the Mods are Playstation Fanboys.

smh
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?