I am buying an xbox one because of the trolls

#191vashtrichamPosted 12/11/2013 9:24:34 AM
XisurusX posted...
vashtricham posted...
XisurusX posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
To those who claim gamefaqs is not indicative of the ps4 community as a whole, I can tell you from my experience that the Sony fanboys are acting similarly over ps3. My greatest issue with the Sony community is that they hype up the ps4 and ps3 more than it deserves. Its sad that ps4 fanboys justify the ps4 by bashing on the features of the X1 instead of actually proving how the ps4 is better. Its always, "LOL, who wants a media box; Forget the cloud; The graphics are inferior," but the only defense they have to show the ps4 is better is by claiming the hardware will allow for better graphics. -_-

As someone who has a ps1, ps2, psp, and ps3, I can tell you that all of their promises of superiority and community solidarity is complete bull. Like I posted before, the online community is practically nonexistent, even with mp games that demand teamwork. Why do you think the ps4 is built around providing the best solo player experience, whereas the X1 is built around connecting multiple ppl? It is common knowledge that MS has more efficient servers and an overall better online infrastructure, yet Sony fans bash the X1 just because the ps4 is lacking in this area. X1 fans do troll, and that I will never deny; however, look at the sheer amount of effort the Sony fans are putting to bring down a system on this board alone.

Yep, terrible post with no actual facts

Fixed

No I disagree, I also think the Playsation 3 (and 4) is built around the single player experience. Last gen their network should have been a clear indication of that. I dont think anyone could make the argument that PSN is superior to XBL, certainly not on a techincal level.

Live and psn perform the same for online multiplayer performance. They are just gateways, the only thing live really had over psn last gen was party chat which hurt online play for communicated with a team
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#192XisurusX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 9:54:19 AM
vashtricham posted...
XisurusX posted...
vashtricham posted...
XisurusX posted...
Ragnoraok posted...
To those who claim gamefaqs is not indicative of the ps4 community as a whole, I can tell you from my experience that the Sony fanboys are acting similarly over ps3. My greatest issue with the Sony community is that they hype up the ps4 and ps3 more than it deserves. Its sad that ps4 fanboys justify the ps4 by bashing on the features of the X1 instead of actually proving how the ps4 is better. Its always, "LOL, who wants a media box; Forget the cloud; The graphics are inferior," but the only defense they have to show the ps4 is better is by claiming the hardware will allow for better graphics. -_-

As someone who has a ps1, ps2, psp, and ps3, I can tell you that all of their promises of superiority and community solidarity is complete bull. Like I posted before, the online community is practically nonexistent, even with mp games that demand teamwork. Why do you think the ps4 is built around providing the best solo player experience, whereas the X1 is built around connecting multiple ppl? It is common knowledge that MS has more efficient servers and an overall better online infrastructure, yet Sony fans bash the X1 just because the ps4 is lacking in this area. X1 fans do troll, and that I will never deny; however, look at the sheer amount of effort the Sony fans are putting to bring down a system on this board alone.

Yep, terrible post with no actual facts

Fixed

No I disagree, I also think the Playsation 3 (and 4) is built around the single player experience. Last gen their network should have been a clear indication of that. I dont think anyone could make the argument that PSN is superior to XBL, certainly not on a techincal level.

Live and psn perform the same for online multiplayer performance. They are just gateways, the only thing live really had over psn last gen was party chat which hurt online play for communicated with a team

Dedicated servers make all the difference
#193vashtrichamPosted 12/11/2013 9:59:00 AM(edited)
Live didnt have only dedicated servers last gen and most ps4 games have dedicated servers also so far and had more dedicated servers for their main games last gen. Live will still make no difference for fighting games and games with dedicated on both consoles. Until a many main multiplayer game comes with dedicated servers on x1 and pure p2p on ps4 your argument is invalid and ignorant
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#194XisurusX(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 10:00:13 AM
A-2TheK posted...
XisurusX posted...
A-2TheK posted...
If you're playing lots of fps games online then you are correct, the PS communities die out faster and in my experience are not fantastic (I don't play a lot of fps online though), I'll agree with that to the extent that I can. I mainly play rpgs online, dark souls and borderlands 2 (it doesn't attract the military shooter crowd) being the main ones and those communities were thriving, friendly and full of people to play with and get help from.

My only experience with an Xbox community was dark souls and it was incomparable to the ps3 community and full of hackers, but my fps crazy friends are mainly Xbox guys. As I said earlier in the thread it is entirely game dependant. In these early days of this gen, you can get an idea of what kind of people are the early adopters by looking at each board, but you have to disregard trolls who most likely have neither console. System board mainstays are a certain kind of poster, a certain kind of gamer, a small percentage of the population.

I dont know man, I enjoy Battlefield primarily and play regularly with 15 or so people (many have migrated to the xb1 though). But, most of those guys also enjoy borderlands 2 and diablo 3 as well. Dark Souls happens to be my favorite game of the xbox 360 gen, right up there slightly above Skyrim and Bad Company 2. Beating Dark Souls remains the only video game acheivement that I have ever been "proud" of in the last 5 years, if proud is the right word. Its alot easier to enjoy shooters because honestly most games nowadays have you shooting things.

Like I say I don't have huge amounts of time logged with the two big fps games, so you'd know better than me about those guys. Most of my friends irl are of the CoD crowd which, let's be honest, at a glance appears to have the worst community regardless of console. I just felt it was a little misguided for people to steer the topic in the direction of "PS players don't play online and can't do teamwork when they do" which was literally the opposite of my experience. I agree that for most of the gen Live was more geared towards an online community than psn, but I don't think that has to mean one community as a whole is better than the other. The trolling is obviously ridiculous but its the popular thing to troll and most of them are probably alts and alts of alts. It doesn't mean the entire, or anywhere near majority, of psn users are anything like these d****.

I agree with you on dark souls though mate. That and demon's souls just give a great feeling of accomplishment.

Dark Souls brought back that golden age of gaming feeling for me.its weird though, I have no intention of ever picking it up again, I was mentally exhausted after my play through. What a great experience though.