Destiny Gets A Release Date

#1Dev445Posted 12/6/2013 7:59:38 PM
by Mike Futter

Humanity's distant future might be bleak, but next fall is looking a whole lot better. Bungie has given Destiny a release date, along with a rough timeline on when we'll be playing in the beta.

Mark your calendars for September 9, 2014. That's when Bungie and Activision will be unleashing its multiplayer online shooter worldwide.

Additionally, the studio says that fans can expect the beta to take place during the summer. Spend your days at the pool (or work) and your nights roaming the solar system.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2Reflex-ArcPosted 12/6/2013 8:01:46 PM
I'm not nearly as hyped for this game as I feel I should be. I think it's the onlineness turning me off. I never cared for Halo's online play.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#3Dev445(Topic Creator)Posted 12/6/2013 8:06:47 PM
Reflex-Arc posted...
I'm not nearly as hyped for this game as I feel I should be. I think it's the onlineness turning me off. I never cared for Halo's online play.

Same here but different reasons, I hope its not too much like Borderlands cause I got bored of that game real fast. It does have that Halo feel and look so if it is like Borderlands it wouldn't bother me that much.

I'm glad it has competitive MP though. That's probably where I will get all my hours from.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#4assassin10133Posted 12/6/2013 8:12:16 PM
Well so much for anyone saying it was going to release in Q2 and give Titanfall competition. I'm not really hyped for Destiny either for some reason, it reminds me a lot of Borderlands which I never got into it and the fact that Bungie is developing it doesn't mean much to me cuz I've already played Halo. I'll still check it out when it does release and pick it up if it's good, but the hype just isn't there for me.
#5Reflex-ArcPosted 12/6/2013 8:26:40 PM
Dev445 posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

Same here but different reasons, I hope its not too much like Borderlands cause I got bored of that game real fast. It does have that Halo feel and look so if it is like Borderlands it wouldn't bother me that much.

I'm glad it has competitive MP though. That's probably where I will get all my hours from.

I know it will be quality, it's Bungie after all, but It hasn't hooked me yet. I'm sure I'll get on the hype train closer to launch, though.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#6GuardianShadow0Posted 12/6/2013 8:49:45 PM
I'm really interested in it since I love Halo and Borderlands, but I really need to get caught up on this. Guess I should actually watch all those videos from the YT channel.
---
Killer of Topics
Flying Safari(Pidgey, Swanna, something) 4940-5557-6527 PM me if you add me.
#7bridog346Posted 12/6/2013 8:58:19 PM
September, good because my spring is getting a little full with titanfall, watch dogs, thief, and south park if they come out on time anyways.
---
"Oh for God's sake, GALLIFREY STANDS!"