Unplugging in standby mode, bad?

#1Fenz4EverPosted 12/6/2013 10:00:19 PM
I didn't think I was still in standby mode when I turned my xbone off. Read that if " XBOX on" is selected you use stand by. Nothing was blinking and it wasn't running so I thought it was safe to unplug. had to unplug it about three times, hopefully it'll be okay :*( im scared.
---
I just think it would've been cooler with a merman..
#2Reece504Posted 12/6/2013 10:11:04 PM
Fenz4Ever posted...
I didn't think I was still in standby mode when I turned my xbone off. Read that if " XBOX on" is selected you use stand by. Nothing was blinking and it wasn't running so I thought it was safe to unplug. had to unplug it about three times, hopefully it'll be okay :*( im scared.

It's doomed!!!
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#3ChargrilledPosted 12/6/2013 10:46:04 PM
Ps4 says the same thing about not unplugging during standby.
Makes me wonder how the machines will be affected by power outages, however rare.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#4KID VIDPosted 12/6/2013 10:49:50 PM
Okay, now I'm a little paranoid. Is "turn console off" through the controller just putting it in Stan-by mode? And if not, how do you put it in stand-by and what's the difference?
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#5I_VTEC_Power_IPosted 12/6/2013 10:59:49 PM
KID VID posted...
Okay, now I'm a little paranoid. Is "turn console off" through the controller just putting it in Stan-by mode? And if not, how do you put it in stand-by and what's the difference?

Depends what setting you have it on.

I'm not in front of my console, but I think it's labelled power and start up in the settings menu.
---
Xbox Live : I VTEC Power I PSN : I_VTEC_Power_I
Bring back Honda F1
#6TheLeafChildPosted 12/6/2013 11:06:21 PM
It should be okay as long as it's not doing something at the moment that involves the harddrive.
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#7Spetsnaz420Posted 12/7/2013 1:25:40 AM
TheLeafChild posted...
It should be okay as long as it's not doing something at the moment that involves the harddrive.

This really...

There's nothing that could be damaged from shutting off the system improperly aside from the files on the HAD and even then only if the HDD is being written to as its powered off. Worst case being a power off during a firmware install.
---
I don't conform to social convention