Got my Xbox One today. Thoughts for those on the fence.

#1steelix55Posted 12/7/2013 1:15:05 AM
1.) Any complaints about the controller are VASTLY overstated. The D-Pad is greatly improved. As are the analog sticks and triggers. Rumble triggers are AMAZING. Overall the Xbox One pad feels like an a tighter, improved 360 pad, which is all Microsoft needed.

2.) The Kinect is actually pretty cool. When Microsoft announced the system was going to ship with Kinect and be $100 dollars more than PS4, I was ride on board with the criticism. Once I started using Kinect, my opinion quickly changed. It is a very cool new piece of technology. It isn't the same piece of crap the 360 Kinect was.

Do I think it is going to revolutionize gaming? Definitely not, but it being in the box with every X1 will allow for some cool new experiences that will enhance gaming. Being able to say "Man to man" in NBA 2K14 and have your team start playing man to man defense without having to worry about using the clunky in game menu while fighting against the defense, and the shot clock, is an amazing thing. These types of things will only get cooler as time goes on.

3.) The graphics are fine. I bought and played Killer Instinct, Forza 5, Ryse, NBA 2K14, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Even coming from a PC gamer like me, all of those games looked great. No frame rate dips. Is PS4 a little more powerful? Sure. I own a PS4 as well and have seen Ghosts and AC4 played on my friends PS4. They look slightly, and I do mean slightly better. It isn't the big deal anyone would have you believe. The power difference between the X1 and PS4 is nothing compared to the difference between Wii U and X1/PS4.

4.) The UI needs a little work, but it is far from awful. It takes a little time to learn how it all works, but once you learn it, it is pretty user friendly, albeit not perfect. I haven't had any issues with the party chat system yet, but it could be more streamlined and involve less steps to set up a party. Microsoft will patch all of these issues within a couple of weeks/months I would say.

5.) Overall, I think the Xbox One is a good system right now, and in 8 years when next-next gen starts, it will be considered a great system, as will PS4. If you can afford only one system, the only factor you should throw into your decision making process is which system's exclusives do you like the best. Halo, Titanfall, Gears of War, Fable or God of War, Uncharted, Infamous, etc. Everything else is practically even.

PS: Here come the trolls.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz || 212 EVO || GTX 780 || Vengeance 16GB RAM || 1TB HDD || ASRock Z68 E3G3 MB || Corsair TX750 PSU || 12X BD-ROM || Win7 x86
#2violentdissmayPosted 12/7/2013 2:15:43 AM
rumor is gears is goin
g multiplat, i want to continue on with halo, but i cant justify a new console for one game.
---
"Remember when consoles only played games? Pepperidge Farm remembers." - Broly4561
#3Reece504Posted 12/7/2013 3:00:28 AM
violentdissmay posted...
rumor is gears is goin
g multiplat, i want to continue on with halo, but i cant justify a new console for one game.

Lets not forget Alan wake 2 :D

Titanfall is also only on Xbox right now Xbox one just seems to have better exclusives and better new ips at least for now quantum break looks good can't wait they showing more if it sat well today at 6pm vgx I suggest you watch it if you can they are showing more xbox one games as well as ps4 games.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#4TinyTim123Posted 12/7/2013 4:05:23 AM
So if I like neither the Microsoft or Sony exclusives I should go Wii U?

I kid. Possibly.

I don't even know anymore.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5GevousPosted 12/7/2013 4:09:27 AM
Reece504 posted...
violentdissmay posted...
rumor is gears is goin

Lets not forget Alan wake 2 :D

Titanfall is also only on Xbox right now Xbox one just seems to have better exclusives and better new ips at least for now quantum break looks good can't wait they showing more if it sat well today at 6pm vgx I suggest you watch it if you can they are showing more xbox one games as well as ps4 games.

Titanfall and halo. Unless you're specifically into those games.. how does the x1 have better IPs?
---
FC 3DS: 5327-1143-0537
#6DamnEvilDogPosted 12/7/2013 4:57:19 AM
This is a good post, both consoles have their problems that will be ironed out in the future, Microsoft in my opinion does a great job of making good UIs.

On a side note, I do hear a lot about the bumpers being worse, depending on your hands they are a bit harder to work with, but it just takes some getting use to like going from playing your PS4 to Xbox One and other consoles.
#7johnnyBgood99Posted 12/9/2013 7:56:51 AM
DamnEvilDog posted...
This is a good post, both consoles have their problems that will be ironed out in the future, Microsoft in my opinion does a great job of making good UIs.

On a side note, I do hear a lot about the bumpers being worse, depending on your hands they are a bit harder to work with, but it just takes some getting use to like going from playing your PS4 to Xbox One and other consoles.

Anyone who says the bumpers are worse are crazy. I find them easier to hit than the 360.
#8Exodus_PrimePosted 12/9/2013 8:25:48 AM
johnnyBgood99 posted...
DamnEvilDog posted...

Anyone who says the bumpers are worse are crazy. I find them easier to hit than the 360.

This ^ the bumpers are great I don't have to take my pointing finger off the trigger I can just move it slightly and the controller detects it, much much improved.

To the poster mentioning Alan Wake 2...that...is..my..dream lol
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#9daniel79Posted 12/9/2013 8:33:42 AM
TinyTim123 posted...
So if I like neither the Microsoft or Sony exclusives I should go Wii U?

I kid. Possibly.

I don't even know anymore.

The Wii U will be worth getting for X (by Monolith software)

That game will be a system seller for me ;)
#10bigboss719Posted 12/9/2013 8:46:20 AM
Damn I was hoping this review would be "amazing" free.