should i buy forza or battlefield 4?

#21gala12Posted 12/7/2013 11:42:09 AM
It will keep being worth your money for $2200. Enjoy.

^^ this guy is correct, I hate that the game puts a gun next to my head and "forzes" (couldn't resist ) me to make micro transactions ..
---
Gamertag: galamb
PSN: galamb
#22vivalabuck92Posted 12/7/2013 11:44:02 AM
This isn't They Live. No one is forcing to get all of the DLC. No one in their right mind would buy all of it.
---
Gamertag: NeverTooWhite
#23SupaShigPosted 12/7/2013 11:47:19 AM
vivalabuck92 posted...
This isn't They Live. No one is forcing to get all of the DLC. No one in their right mind would buy all of it.

yep and in 5 years when the game charges you $.99 to skip the intro sequence, it will just be optional too. But just like in Forza, we all have to deal with the effects of it.
#24vivalabuck92Posted 12/7/2013 11:54:32 AM
SupaShig posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...

yep and in 5 years when the game charges you $.99 to skip the intro sequence, it will just be optional too. But just like in Forza, we all have to deal with the effects of it.

Wow. Just wow. Really thinking that it will be that extreme huh. War Z already showed developers how far NOT to take it, and you REALLY think that they would do that?
---
#25SupaShigPosted 12/7/2013 12:19:48 PM
vivalabuck92 posted...
SupaShig posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...

Wow. Just wow. Really thinking that it will be that extreme huh. War Z already showed developers how far NOT to take it, and you REALLY think that they would do that?

Slippery slopes, my friend. In one generation, we've gone from $2.99 horse armor to day one $20 season passes to now day one $50 season passes. You're kidding yourself if you don't think that microtransactions won't become like this if we keep letting them be in our games. I told several people to refuse to buy the game and tweet the dev's telling them they'll buy the game when the microtransactions are gone. Its completely disgusting that you can pay $110 day one for this game and still be stuck behind a grinding slope caused by the option to pay cash.
#26DropkickJeremyPosted 12/7/2013 12:44:47 PM
MadeInThe215 posted...
DropkickJeremy posted...
I don't get how people are saying bf4 is a mess. The only issue I have with it is maybe once a week when i finish a game and it's loading a new map it'll boot me from the entire game completely. I play Rush and Conquest Large and have no issues other than the occasional booting to the dashboard. Maybe the problems vary from person to person, but I do know that they need to fix the getting booted issue. Regardless, I'd still say Battlefield.

I wish the game would be that fortunate to me. Well here some of the issues that I have every time I play.

Dashboarding midgame or after the round has ended.
Selecting Conquest Large or Rush in matchmaking and being put in other game types.
While using the server browser to select games, either I can't join games that are clearly open ( games that are like 40/64 full) or absolutely no servers will show up.

Using battlelog to find games works better sometimes but that's also a bit inconsistent. It's a drag because I love the game but it does need fixing.

Yeah, I forgot about the matchmaking issue. I've only used matchmaking once, and it did put me in the wrong game type. I just always use server browser now and have had no problems there. I'm sure you've already tried it, but did you mess with your filters in server browser?
---
Gamertag: DropkickJeremy
Not changing my signature until Chris Leben wins the Middleweight Championship. Started 9/8/07
#27vivalabuck92Posted 12/7/2013 1:03:23 PM
SupaShig posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...
SupaShig posted...
vivalabuck92 posted...

Slippery slopes, my friend. In one generation, we've gone from $2.99 horse armor to day one $20 season passes to now day one $50 season passes. You're kidding yourself if you don't think that microtransactions won't become like this if we keep letting them be in our games. I told several people to refuse to buy the game and tweet the dev's telling them they'll buy the game when the microtransactions are gone. Its completely disgusting that you can pay $110 day one for this game and still be stuck behind a grinding slope caused by the option to pay cash.
I can see where you're getting at. Still don't think It will get that extreme, but I can understand why others will. In all honesty, I blame F2P games. They gave developers inspiration for future models on how to release their retail games.
---
#28MadeInThe215Posted 12/7/2013 1:07:24 PM
DropkickJeremy posted...
MadeInThe215 posted...
DropkickJeremy posted...
I don't get how people are saying bf4 is a mess. The only issue I have with it is maybe once a week when i finish a game and it's loading a new map it'll boot me from the entire game completely. I play Rush and Conquest Large and have no issues other than the occasional booting to the dashboard. Maybe the problems vary from person to person, but I do know that they need to fix the getting booted issue. Regardless, I'd still say Battlefield.

I wish the game would be that fortunate to me. Well here some of the issues that I have every time I play.

Dashboarding midgame or after the round has ended.
Selecting Conquest Large or Rush in matchmaking and being put in other game types.
While using the server browser to select games, either I can't join games that are clearly open ( games that are like 40/64 full) or absolutely no servers will show up.

Using battlelog to find games works better sometimes but that's also a bit inconsistent. It's a drag because I love the game but it does need fixing.

Yeah, I forgot about the matchmaking issue. I've only used matchmaking once, and it did put me in the wrong game type. I just always use server browser now and have had no problems there. I'm sure you've already tried it, but did you mess with your filters in server browser?

Yeah I've resulted to just using the battlelog app to find games until the servers are straightened up.
---
Gamer tag: Nyce704, Xbox One Day 1 Edition Owner