Which System for me? (Sorry another PS4-Xbox One topic)

#1riboflavPosted 12/7/2013 5:12:05 AM
I want to buy either a PS4 or Xbox One. I am not interested in any other features except what games are on the system that's why I bought a WiiU first. Maybe you can help me knowing this:
1) Last generation I chose Xbox 360 over PS3
2) I really love many of the games on Vita
3) I am tired of Xbox games like Halo and Gears of War and Titanfall seems more like the same
4) I did enjoy Killer Instinct very much back in the day as well as Dead Rising 2
5) I feel like the games I missed out on last generation were the Uncharted Series, God of War, and Metal Gear.
6) Project Spark for Xbox One sounds very interesting
7) I like all game types except for sims, racing , and sports games and highly prefer games with exploration like Skyrim, Zelda, etc.

HELP!
#2kyncaniPosted 12/7/2013 5:15:43 AM
PS4.

Unless you want to play Kinect games, the PS4 is a much better choice, especially if you already have PS+.
#3desert_santaPosted 12/7/2013 5:28:14 AM
360 was my main console of choice last gen, but only because it came out first and I did not buy a ps3 for some years.

This gen I already have a wii u but I might just cave and buy another console mid or late January. Aiming for the ps4, for the sole reason it is cheaper. However if there are none in stock I'll settle for an Xbox One, assuming it's in stock.

Gameswise right now neither console stand out to me, I just want to play one game on each one. For the future? No idea, I just want to play the witcher 3 the most, and both consoles will have it.

I say just wait until more games come out for you TC so you can make a better decision.

Personally I am tired of Gears but I still look forward to Halo.
#4CyborgTwentyPosted 12/7/2013 5:30:15 AM
PlayStation 4
#5DisgaeaNutPosted 12/7/2013 5:32:35 AM
PS4 definitely.
#6drinkPosted 12/7/2013 6:16:23 AM
I own both and its a hard to pick one, but I would pick PS4.
When both consoles were announced, the PS4 was the one I wanted the most.
---
You didn't try google, you made that up...
Twist those dirty bags - Shake
#7Neo_SeraphPosted 12/7/2013 6:31:55 AM(edited)
If you're not interested in Halo, Gears, Titanfall, extra UI feautures, or Kinect I would probably go with PS4 for sure. Those are like the main reasons to get a Xbox over PS4 in the first place.

PS4 is cheaper, more powerful, and will likely have a wider variety of games and exclusives. Xbox One is likely to lose out on a lot of Japanese support in particular.

Killer Instinct looks pretty decent and it's a shame you'll be missing out, but you'll be able to play Guilty Gear Xrd when it releases next year, which will almost certainly be the superior fighting game in my opinion.
---
PSN: LuoRider
Blazblue: Rachel, Tsubaki; Guilty Gear: Jam; Persona 4 Arena: Labrys
#8riboflav(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2013 7:36:26 AM
Thanks guys, I think I'm definitely leaning towards PS4. The only reasons Xbox One is still not 100% out of consideration is its Project Spark game and PS3's bad history with Skyrim. If PS4 was backwards compatible, I'd go out and look for one today. Thanks again.
#9sworderPosted 12/7/2013 7:38:51 AM
Project Spark can be played on 360 and PC, just fyi
#10dengeistPosted 12/7/2013 7:46:45 AM
If you preferred 360 over ps3, you would definitely enjoy X1 over PS4. This board is really the wrong place to ask because it's literally filled with Sony trolls.

The best way to look at it at this point is

Ps4...basically an upgraded version of ps3

X1...a new experience

So it boils down to what you want out of your system.