Why is everybody acting like TitanFall will be a system seller?

#41method115Posted 12/7/2013 10:40:04 AM
Has a brand new IP that no one has ever played ever been a system seller? I'm not saying it wont be just that it's hard to see that happening.

Will see what happens I know I'm really looking forward to the game and it's when I'll be getting my X1. I was going to wait until Destiny but that's coming out much later then I thought it would.
---
PSN: method114
#42Darkness3389Posted 12/7/2013 10:48:00 AM
DisgaeaNut posted...
bridog346 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
bridog346 posted...
From the way some of these arguments sound I guess no one had bought or will buy a new console ever again.

They will for exclusives.

Well technically the One version of titanfall is an exclusive, console wise.

Not when they sell it for the 360.

Do people not know that the PC and 360 versions are MADE FROM A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COMPANY!!!!! The Xbox One version is the only one made by the company that came up with the idea of Titanfall which is Respawn. All footage too have been from the Xbox One version too and that's where all the praise has been coming from. The 360 version player count will probably be tuned down as well as probably missing some features the Xbox One version will have. If you want to buy a watered down version then go with the 360. The PC version who knows what kind of problems might arise from it. Look at what happened with GTA IV launching on the PC> Point is your going to have a completely different experience on the One version then the others.
---
GT- EndingEye - Patriots, Lakers, Dodgers, Galaxy & Kings Fan
Kobe Bryant 81 points V.S. Toronto Raptor 1/22/06 Historic
#43DisgaeaNutPosted 12/7/2013 10:50:54 AM
Darkness3389 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
bridog346 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
bridog346 posted...
From the way some of these arguments sound I guess no one had bought or will buy a new console ever again.

They will for exclusives.

Well technically the One version of titanfall is an exclusive, console wise.

Not when they sell it for the 360.

Do people not know that the PC and 360 versions are MADE FROM A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COMPANY!!!!! The Xbox One version is the only one made by the company that came up with the idea of Titanfall which is Respawn. All footage too have been from the Xbox One version too and that's where all the praise has been coming from. The 360 version player count will probably be tuned down as well as probably missing some features the Xbox One version will have. If you want to buy a watered down version then go with the 360. The PC version who knows what kind of problems might arise from it. Look at what happened with GTA IV launching on the PC> Point is your going to have a completely different experience on the One version then the others.

Understood, now understand this. The average consumer won't know that and will be more likely to buy it on the 360 or PC. If those versions are as bad as people claim then the press story will be that Titanfall sucks and it will hamper sales.
#44WeirdShroomPosted 12/7/2013 10:52:26 AM
method115 posted...
Has a brand new IP that no one has ever played ever been a system seller? I'm not saying it wont be just that it's hard to see that happening.

Will see what happens I know I'm really looking forward to the game and it's when I'll be getting my X1. I was going to wait until Destiny but that's coming out much later then I thought it would.

You waiting to buy an Xbox One until Titanfall comes out means Titanfall is a system seller.

/topic
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#45segagamerPosted 12/7/2013 10:54:47 AM
It's why I'm getting an Xbox One In a year
---
Wii U+Xbox One :)
NNID: JZimino
#46stawg007Posted 12/7/2013 10:55:10 AM
dnmt posted...
spurrierzook posted...
It will be. I have a couple of friends that are waiting to get the X1 when that game comes out. People's allegiance to just one console is pretty funny. You guys are the ones missing out.

Nah, we'll just be playing the definitive version of it on the PC.

Funny how so many ponies claim to have PC gaming rigs
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#47DisgaeaNutPosted 12/7/2013 10:56:39 AM
stawg007 posted...
dnmt posted...
spurrierzook posted...
It will be. I have a couple of friends that are waiting to get the X1 when that game comes out. People's allegiance to just one console is pretty funny. You guys are the ones missing out.

Nah, we'll just be playing the definitive version of it on the PC.

Funny how so many ponies claim to have PC gaming rigs

ITT: owning a PC is a rarity.
#48Fou LuPosted 12/7/2013 10:57:15 AM
Darkness3389 posted...

Like how the Xbox One and PS4 versions of CoD and BF4 are watered down because they can't handle the amount of players the PC version COULD have, but doesn't because they don't want to have to make the PC versions that much better?
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#49bridog346Posted 12/7/2013 10:59:30 AM
Putting a lot of faith in the average consumer who typically want the newest and best version

Just look at tvs and phones the average consumer usually goes for the newer and better specs.
---
"Oh for God's sake, GALLIFREY STANDS!"
#50DisgaeaNutPosted 12/7/2013 11:01:07 AM
bridog346 posted...
Putting a lot of faith in the average consumer who typically want the newest and best version

Just look at tvs and phones the average consumer usually goes for the newer and better specs.

We are talking about a singular game at the moment. The average consumer in our economy, to purchase a game, will get the version that's on a console they already own.