Why is everybody acting like TitanFall will be a system seller?

#51stawg007Posted 12/7/2013 10:08:26 AM
DisgaeaNut posted...
stawg007 posted...
dnmt posted...
spurrierzook posted...
It will be. I have a couple of friends that are waiting to get the X1 when that game comes out. People's allegiance to just one console is pretty funny. You guys are the ones missing out.

Nah, we'll just be playing the definitive version of it on the PC.

Funny how so many ponies claim to have PC gaming rigs

ITT: owning a PC is a rarity.

PCs? No

Console gamers with gaming PCs? Yes

But keep on trying pony
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#52A-2TheKPosted 12/7/2013 10:08:42 AM
Darkness3389 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
bridog346 posted...
DisgaeaNut posted...
bridog346 posted...
From the way some of these arguments sound I guess no one had bought or will buy a new console ever again.

They will for exclusives.

Well technically the One version of titanfall is an exclusive, console wise.

Not when they sell it for the 360.

Do people not know that the PC and 360 versions are MADE FROM A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COMPANY!!!!! The Xbox One version is the only one made by the company that came up with the idea of Titanfall which is Respawn. All footage too have been from the Xbox One version too and that's where all the praise has been coming from. The 360 version player count will probably be tuned down as well as probably missing some features the Xbox One version will have. If you want to buy a watered down version then go with the 360. The PC version who knows what kind of problems might arise from it. Look at what happened with GTA IV launching on the PC> Point is your going to have a completely different experience on the One version then the others.

Show me where it says that anywhere? The 360 version will be assisted by respawn but mainly handled by a different company. The PC and One versions will be solely made by respawn. That's all I can find. And the footage, like most One footage, was from super powered PCs AFAIK. Link me to otherwise please.
---
God, did you remember to render everything?
FlameLurker666
#53gfrequencyPosted 12/7/2013 10:12:48 AM
Because it could be a system seller for some people? Hell, I have a PS4 and no plans to get an Xbox One, but I'd love to play Titanfall.
---
You might very well think that. I couldn't possibly comment.
#54Shin_GallonPosted 12/7/2013 10:16:42 AM
Hard to be a system seller when a superior version will be on PC.
#55bridog346Posted 12/7/2013 10:22:39 AM
DisgaeaNut posted...
bridog346 posted...
Putting a lot of faith in the average consumer who typically want the newest and best version

Just look at tvs and phones the average consumer usually goes for the newer and better specs.

We are talking about a singular game at the moment. The average consumer in our economy, to purchase a game, will get the version that's on a console they already own.

Then why are the consoles already in high demand outselling both companies previous launches, seems to me if someone can afford it they will get it because only really poor people won't buy a new one. people will save and buy the newest product regardless of the price of the old one. Hell ps4 has one game and that sold pretty well and most ps4 purchaser says the same thing about it being an investment.
---
"Oh for God's sake, GALLIFREY STANDS!"
#56bridog346Posted 12/7/2013 10:24:17 AM
Shin_Gallon posted...

that hasn't stop plenty of games outselling the pc in the past.
---
"Oh for God's sake, GALLIFREY STANDS!"
#57MixorzPosted 12/7/2013 10:24:33 AM
Shin_Gallon posted...

Because multiplatform games marketed on a console always sell better on PC.
---
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
Favorite lift: Deadlift
#58InjusticeRebornPosted 12/7/2013 10:29:14 AM
Meh, it's as much as a system seller as inFamous: Second Son is to the PS4 in my opinion.
#59Shiro-RedWind-Posted 12/7/2013 10:43:09 AM
I think in the idea of fairness and integrity we need to do a pro and con list of why this game will sell at all and for what reasons given it is a title to come out over the board and being hoisted as a primary factor in the X1's library of great games.

Pros:
- Multi-platform. (Argue it how you like, but exclusive means respective to either that one company or that one console. It is pulling straws if we call it multi-play for being on X1 and 360, despite them both being MS products. But it officially becomes unquestionable when it comes to it releasing on PC as well.)
- New IP
- Demo impressions have been nothing but positive.
- Highly anticipated product

Cons:
- Cheaper price tag for opposing version (With the PC version being offered, and most people having pcs, questionably able to run high end games or on mid settings, the lower price tag makes the PC version a bargain option for some.)
- Multiplayer only (This can be a toss up, but given most casual players and buyers generally lean into the FPS market online play for some may not justify the purchase if it's all it has to offer. Throw in that PC will be the only version with true free online play (needing Gold for 360 and X1) and that can also not sum up to being worth it for most.
- Multi-Studio Development (While most people may not care that multiple studios made the title. Debates over which version of something are always at hand. It goes without saying that the game will be superior on the X1 and PC versions, respectively because of graphical power and development by the main house toward the X1. But this also harms it in that every variation is going to get shafted in some way. X1 for the high console price + 60 just to play. 360 Version for none of the X1 features and weaker graphics. PC version for none of the X1 features and potentially spotty development porting.)

So in the end it all really boils down to some key facts here.

- Titanfall is not an exclusive to X1 as it is shared between its older brother the 360 and PC.
- Titanfall is in development by multiple parties. Respawn (the head devs) and others for the 360 and PC respectively.
- Titanfall's draw is going to bring in buyers that is for certain. But some may not feel justified in paying 500 dollars + to experience the " Better " variant. And with Xbox 360's already out in the universe as well as being on sale, if someone wants the game they have much cheaper alternatives in the PC and 360.
- The game sports a Multiplayer only archtype which may or may not work in the games favor, but most instances are leaning toward not likely.
- The possibility of a bundle is likely, but will still insist that a 500+ purchase be made should you want the X1 variant.

End of the day it all comes down to the consumer base. But judging the answer, I do not see this pushing lots of X1s as it will individual units. And I think by the time it comes out, if people were not already willing or wanting an X1, they certainly were not going to only change their mind just for Titanfall
---
"Gamefaqs doesn't allow Common Sense." - Tifanity
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han
#60Motobug321Posted 12/7/2013 10:50:20 AM
Yeah, if I ever do get it (which I'm not even sure I will) I'll get it on my 360.