hardware help, please...

#11ShuraYukihimePosted 12/7/2013 10:24:03 PM
Raiden0406 posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
Raiden0406 posted...
Does anyone have advice on the Ethernet cord part?
The dude at radio shack sold me a basic one and said it was plenty fast enough. I know nothing of Ethernet technology, so any advice would be great. Thank you.

The cord you are using is fine.

Thank you. Would there be any benefit to a better cord?

Not really. For the most part when it comes to consoles and gaming one Ethernet cord is as good as the next.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#12Hucast9Posted 12/7/2013 10:25:19 PM
I seriously doubt that the audio cut out problem is a problem with the console. It's probably a compatibility issue with the console and the tv, or just simply a glitch from the game.

How is your console connected? Are you using hdmi? Is it connected directly to the tv? Is the console connected to a home theater receiver, then from there to the tv?

The Xbox 360 had an option called "Display Discovery" which sometimes fixed issues like this if you set it to "off". On the PS3 it was called "hdmi control" setting to "off".
#13Raiden0406(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 7:31:48 AM
Hucast9 posted...
I seriously doubt that the audio cut out problem is a problem with the console. It's probably a compatibility issue with the console and the tv, or just simply a glitch from the game.

How is your console connected? Are you using hdmi? Is it connected directly to the tv? Is the console connected to a home theater receiver, then from there to the tv?

The Xbox 360 had an option called "Display Discovery" which sometimes fixed issues like this if you set it to "off". On the PS3 it was called "hdmi control" setting to "off".

Thank you very much for your response.

The system, along with my 360, cake box and PlayStation are hooked up via hdmi, but through a switch since my tv only has 2 hdmi inputs. Do you think the switch could be the issue...even though it's been flawless for the other devices I have hooked up? Again, thanks for your help.