Anyone else hope they go back to the way halo used to be

#31TRC-G00SEPosted 12/12/2013 12:20:42 PM
I actually liked halo 4 campaign and multiplayer. The Multi I admit faded quickly for me.

I kinda like the idea of BF4 sized halo games, but it may feel like a rip off. Halo 5 needs its own identity, dont copy H2 or 4, bring a unique mix. I like being able to pick my starting weapon(hate the AR) but also love halo 2.
---
****!
#32Suppa UglyPosted 12/12/2013 12:21:57 PM
I never understand these topics that day Halo is dead. New, I'll admit that I am a halo fan boy and that halo 5 is the primary reason I bought an xb1. But man, I just don't understand the hate for these games. They seem to be getting better and better to me. People hated on ODST and that just blew my mind. The visual style of that game is just so damn sexy to me. And the sound track had this great jazz feel to it.

Halo Reach had a great story and Halo 4 was beautiful. The only thing I think they need to do is hit 60fps.
---
They'll make PSN even free-er.DeadCell222 on possible PS3 price drop
#33ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/12/2013 12:23:31 PM
Let me rephrase. The halo universe and story is dead. Long drawn out uninteresting nonsense.

As I said, gameplay is alright, but the same gameplay and multiplayer can be better spent on a new ip.

Nobody is arguing halos popularity, but if you dont think halo, as a franchise has been going downhill, youre delusional.

Gg no rematch.
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#34Yelnam-26Posted 12/12/2013 12:25:10 PM
does anyone even make fun custom maps on halo 4 ? its been a while since I played it(got bored easily) but I have never seen cool new custom games, not even the classics like Jenga, fat kid, crash derby etc on halo 4.
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam
#35Yelnam-26Posted 12/12/2013 12:27:24 PM
leathelj posted...
Wow so many butt hurt and ugrateful fanboys. Happy your not buying halo 5 stay away from my game.

ungrateful fanboys? how does that work out.
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam
#36SigmaLongshotPosted 12/12/2013 12:27:30 PM
I think personally, I am less in love with Halo itself and more in awe of what it accomplished.

It paved the way for a lot of integrated idioms in the shooter design, and for that, it has to be praised. However, that said, it can't rest on it's laurels.

For example, the "dual weapon" mechanic - it's a limitation, but one that wholly changes the outcome of every battle. By limiting yourself to two unique offensive options you actually psychologically convince yourself that the scenario that plays out may be due to poor or exquisite judgement, and that in itself gives you positive reinforcement of your tactical decision-making. It's very latent, but it happens. How often have you sat there, hovering over the needler, wondering if that quick-sap clip might be a liability, or think about trading your DMR for that Rocket Launcher? Walking through a glade only to encounter a Ghost, and be infuriated you opted out of the Spartan Laser?

Secondly, the art design, no matter what anyone says, is exceptional. The banal, almost boring beige and khaki of the human side is SUPPOSED to be that way - it juxtaposes the uniqueness of each of the Covenant classes. You are SUPPOSED to think the Master Chief is "just a guy in armour". The serpent-like heads of the Elites, the gorilla-framed brutes, the dwarf-like toddling of the grunts - each of the Covenant is totally unique, and even devoid of colour, the silhouettes of your enemies are instantly recognisable (I attended many an enemy design conference during my Masters Degree about the importance if instant enemy recognition with Halo as one of the good examples). As soon as you see a silhouette, you switch tactics, you alter your frame of mind. This is why, say, Gears of War is not regarded in a similar light in design terms. The Locust are totally humanoid. Down to their silouettes and visual cues. They display human mannerisms and attack like humans. Halo gave exotic movements, behaviours and designs to their enemies. I personally think the first of the bad decisions started by making the enemies speak English in Halo 2, and though that is explained (armour upgrade) it removes some of this xenophobic immersion.

Adding further, Halo shot itself in the foot by wanting to be Call of Duty, and the loadouts/mobility alteration changed the entire game. The floaty, jumpy, second-judgement multiplayer was the core of the appeal. By changing it to include sprinting and special starting loadouts, the game was forever altered, and though more mainstream, it lost identity.

Halo garners a lot of hate but in design terms, it deserves tremendous respect.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#37Wet_PantsPosted 12/12/2013 2:35:03 PM
I just hope one of the upcoming games is set on Harvest, where humanity's first encounter and subsequent battle with aliens happened. It would let them feature the shouty black sergeant from Aliens..... woops ..... I mean Sergeant Johnson as a main character.
#38Exodus_PrimePosted 12/13/2013 7:08:14 AM
They can change whatever they want, as long as they don't take the sprint out of it, I just can't jog my way around corners anymore. Also I only ask for once change..when you scope in where you can see the gun not just the scope, I think people know what I mean.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#39TheMuffinPosted 12/13/2013 7:25:09 AM
Halo 4 was my favorite of the series. I don't give a damn about MP for the most part.
---
SnowFox7 ~I heard him use the term 'tarantula downpour', which would actually have been significantly worse than the rain we had that day.
#40Ironman06Posted 12/13/2013 10:43:38 AM
I hope they do a HALO 2 anniversary to augment the HALO 5 multi-player, just like they did with HALO CE anniversary and HALO Reach. That way you get the best of both worlds and two great game titles.