Titanfall

#11DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/7/2013 7:42:17 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
Dev445 posted...
BeefEaster posted...
the only reason I'm not interested is because it's MP only

I loathe MP shooter games

Why though? MP is like the essence of any 1st person shooter

Once the community dies down, or gets hacked, it's worthless.

I wish ALL MP games offered a BOTS option. That's why I loved Ghosts: it gave you choices.

Yeah your right. I mean single player games are so much better for longevity. Rather than having a game be fun for like years at a time, its way better to have games that only like like 15 hours and then just ends! I mean, thank god for BF4's campaign right? Because like 6 years from now, when BF4 servers are down, I am so gonna want to play the campaign over and over and over!

Hell Last of Us was a great single player game and I have absolutely zero compulsion to play it again.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#12AFreebyPosted 12/7/2013 7:45:46 PM
BeefEaster posted...
Dev445 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

maybe now in the call of duty days but my fondest fps memories are of games like half-life, timesplitters, turok, and perfect dark where the Single player was the main focus

This x1000! I enjoy the FPS genre to an extent, but I can't stand the multiplayer aspect of the modern FPS being the focus. I NEED story in my FPS. I honestly don't care about competing against other players for most kills or a high score. I want to be engaged in the world of the game through memorable characters and scenarios.

I will play through the story of a great game, FPS or not, 20 or more times. I can't even play online shooters for more than 10-20 hours at the most. It just doesn't engage me. Titanfall, I'm sure, will be a well made, fun game, but I can already tell it is not my type of FPS. I'll take Bioshock's and Half Life's any day over it.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#13DelRowePosted 12/7/2013 7:53:41 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Hell Last of Us was a great single player game and I have absolutely zero compulsion to play it again.

Bad example. TLoU has great multiplayer.
---
You are not in control.
#14KamiKazie44Posted 12/7/2013 7:56:15 PM
I'm not interested in it but it looks good. Wouldn't go out of my way to buy it day one but I will end up getting it. Not a system seller to me. But it shall be added to my collection once I get the Xbox sometime next year!
#15AFreebyPosted 12/7/2013 8:03:33 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
Dev445 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

I wish ALL MP games offered a BOTS option. That's why I loved Ghosts: it gave you choices.

Yeah your right. I mean single player games are so much better for longevity. Rather than having a game be fun for like years at a time, its way better to have games that only like like 15 hours and then just ends! I mean, thank god for BF4's campaign right? Because like 6 years from now, when BF4 servers are down, I am so gonna want to play the campaign over and over and over!

But that is you. There are people, like myself, who will play through a great single player game numerous times. Hell, I've played through The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past at least 15 times since it was released. And the same goes for many other great single player games through out the years. Devil May Cry series, Mega Man X series, Castlevania Series, Dark Souls (I don't play with others online), Darksiders 1 and 2, and many more.

I continually play new games, but that never stops me from wanting to go back to an old favorite, just like reading a favorite book or movie. I've experienced them before, but I enjoy immersing myself in that world and setting again. On the flip side, competitive settings rarely hold my interest because there is no characters, no story, no drama IMO. It is just a win or lose situation, which may be fulfilling to some, but it isn't to others. It all comes down to personal preference.

I would rather a self contained story with great characters, that draws me into its world, and gives me a satisfying beginning, middle, and end, then a never ending competition that affects my in no way on an emotional or creative level. I can go back to the former because it affected me personally. You, as a gamer may be very different, and want to constantly compete, and gain entertainment by testing yourself against others in a sportsman like fashion. There is nothing wrong with that, but that isn't for myself or others similar to me.
---
Before me things create were none, save things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Official Dark Emperor Mundus of the DmC board
#16stargazer1981Posted 12/7/2013 8:11:49 PM
stargazer1981 posted...
Dev445 posted...
BeefEaster posted...

You're*

And you desperately missed my point. I don't mind multiplayer, but I sincerely wish there was: (A) an offline bots multiplayer component for when activity levels decrease, and (B) a story-based single player campaign.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi