$499 is not expensive for a new system in 2013/14.

#1Semp1Posted 12/8/2013 7:59:25 AM
I'm sorry I don't get the issue with the price. Sure $399 would have been better but I feel its unrealistic with what they give you. You get way more (Kinect, IR blaster, better made OS, like always a better online experience.) with the Xbox one for the price than the ps4. Trust me I know I have both. Lastly it's just not that much money. Sony made their system more money in 2006 with the launch of the PS3. With inflation it's amazing that both companies kept the price under $500. I love both systems. They both serve a purpose especially when it comes to exclusive content. But really people should stop complaining about a price that isn't that much at all.
#2zephirrainesPosted 12/8/2013 8:03:12 AM
Also if you look at inflation the 360 released at pretty much the same price with less stuff.
#3dnmtPosted 12/8/2013 8:03:32 AM
It's still more than the direct competitor which is a $100 cheaper and more powerful to boot.
#4Semp1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2013 8:05:45 AM
dnmt posted...
It's still more than the direct competitor which is a $100 cheaper and more powerful to boot.

Who made the rule it has to be the same price. It's offering more hardware. My XBone just feels better made and more expensive.
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#5dnmtPosted 12/8/2013 8:08:05 AM(edited)
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...

Who made the rule it has to be the same price. It's offering more hardware. My XBone just feels better made and more expensive.

Hey bozo, we're talking about facts here not your "feelings". And by all accounts the PS4 is much better designed with its smaller size, internal PSU, cooler temperatures and a lower failure rate.
#6zephirrainesPosted 12/8/2013 8:09:32 AM
dnmt posted...
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...

Hey bozo, we're talking about facts here not your "feelings". And by all accounts the PS4 is much better designed with its smaller size, internal PSU, cooler temperatures and a lower failure rate.

Hey clown your hardware has no software and worse fps and no features and show a link to the lower failure rate....oh wait there is none.

Ps4 is for people too ignorant to get the same games on PC with better resolution and free online.
#7Orange_ApplesPosted 12/8/2013 8:10:48 AM
$499 for what is essentially a children's toy is pretty expensive no matter when it's made.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#8dnmtPosted 12/8/2013 8:11:21 AM
zephirraines posted...
dnmt posted...
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...

Hey clown your hardware has no software and worse fps and no features and show a link to the lower failure rate....oh wait there is none.

Ps4 is for people too ignorant to get the same games on PC with better resolution and free online.

"My" hardware? Sorry but I don't own a PS4. Regardless neither console has any must-have games at the moment; it's all about the long run and the PS4 is undoubtedly going to come out on top.
#9gojin84Posted 12/8/2013 8:12:16 AM
The PS4 seems like the PS3 but just with better graphics, so seeing as I already had a PS3 the One was a better buy for me.
---
This message will self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...BOOM!
PSN: greyhound9001
#10w3inerschnitzelPosted 12/8/2013 8:12:39 AM
Semp1 posted...
I'm sorry I don't get the issue with the price. Sure $399 would have been better but I feel its unrealistic with what they give you. You get way more (Kinect, IR blaster, better made OS, like always a better online experience.) with the Xbox one for the price than the ps4. Trust me I know I have both. Lastly it's just not that much money. Sony made their system more money in 2006 with the launch of the PS3. With inflation it's amazing that both companies kept the price under $500. I love both systems. They both serve a purpose especially when it comes to exclusive content. But really people should stop complaining about a price that isn't that much at all.

Online experience can't be factored into console price considering... you know.. you have to buy a subscription for it. If they gave you a year of Live out of the box then it could be argued into the price tag. The only reason it's 100 more than PS4 is Kinect. The piece of hardware a lot of people could do without, and would have been much happier paying less for a version without it included.
---
nosig