$499 is not expensive for a new system in 2013/14.

#41AzaneAzerPosted 12/8/2013 11:09:30 AM(edited)
It is the most expensive console on the market currently.

when the PS3 was out, it was really cheap because It was cheaper than a blu-ray player, making the actual console Free with the purchase of a cheap blu-ray
#42billsfanno1Posted 12/8/2013 11:14:02 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
It is the most expensive console on the market currently.

when the PS3 was out, it was really cheap because It was cheaper than a blu-ray player, making the actual console Free with the purchase of a cheap blu-ray

Stupidest thing I've read in a long time. To think you ponies ran a thread to 500 over someone saying an X1 would be cheaper for them than a PS4. At least he wasn't suggesting it was free.
#43wirymo123Posted 12/8/2013 11:16:50 AM
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...
It's still more than the direct competitor which is a $100 cheaper and more powerful to boot.

Who made the rule it has to be the same price. It's offering more hardware. My XBone just feels better made and more expensive.

Hey bozo, we're talking about facts here not your "feelings". And by all accounts the PS4 is much better designed with its smaller size, internal PSU, cooler temperatures and a lower failure rate.

Ok internet forum tough guy relax. You just posted a whole topic of opinion. The ps4 hdmi failure rate seemed way more wide spread than the xbox ones disc fail rate. But I don't know because numbers weren't released and I was not affected by either. Also when it comes to running quiet and cool the xbone is silent and does not run hot. The ps4 is also fairly quiet but can be heard slightly if you listen closely enough. It also runs cool. Lastly what is fact, is from standby the xbone starts in about 10 seconds and shuts down in about 5. Can't say the same for the ps4's 30 second start up and shut down. And also to who ever said you can't include online experience because you have to subscribe is silly. That applies to both systems now. It was acceptable that psn was lesser quality when it was free now that sony forces a plus membership to play online on people with the ps4 just like Microsoft it can easily be brought up as a value comparison. That was a ridiculous statement. Btw I'm sure everyone here is a plus member but I do love the plus subscription too. I've been a subscriber for over two years and it offers great value. One last thing the poster that said $500 is a lot for something that is a child's toy should instantly go buy a wii u and stop playing video games all together. That comparison should stay locked in the 1980's/90's where it belongs. Tell that to the adults playing GTAV and let some parent buy it for their 10 year old. There's nothing about the xbox one that even implies they want children to buy it. Its main selling point is it controls home AVR devices and is a media hub. My opinion is Microsoft continues to push gaming forward while Sony remains safe. Let's not forget who made achievements up, who the first to add streaming video content (Netflix) to their devices were, and who made a home hub, and lastly who created the successful online play formula that is widely used now. Both systems are great but to say that either is expensive is silly. They are made for adults since the market I would say is primarily over age 16. The way I see it if you can't afford it at $399 and $499 at launch Microsoft and Sony didn't intend for that market of children and bargain hunter's to buy one yet.

I'm guessing you've never heard the term "white space" have you?
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
Go Indy!
#44goatthiefPosted 12/8/2013 11:20:37 AM(edited)
It clearly is
---
Currently playing: Skyrim
#45Viet0nePosted 12/8/2013 11:26:45 AM
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...
It's still more than the direct competitor which is a $100 cheaper and more powerful to boot.

Who made the rule it has to be the same price. It's offering more hardware. My XBone just feels better made and more expensive.

Hey bozo, we're talking about facts here not your "feelings". And by all accounts the PS4 is much better designed with its smaller size, internal PSU, cooler temperatures and a lower failure rate.

Ok internet forum tough guy relax. You just posted a whole topic of opinion. The ps4 hdmi failure rate seemed way more wide spread than the xbox ones disc fail rate. But I don't know because numbers weren't released and I was not affected by either. Also when it comes to running quiet and cool the xbone is silent and does not run hot. The ps4 is also fairly quiet but can be heard slightly if you listen closely enough. It also runs cool. Lastly what is fact, is from standby the xbone starts in about 10 seconds and shuts down in about 5. Can't say the same for the ps4's 30 second start up and shut down. And also to who ever said you can't include online experience because you have to subscribe is silly. That applies to both systems now. It was acceptable that psn was lesser quality when it was free now that sony forces a plus membership to play online on people with the ps4 just like Microsoft it can easily be brought up as a value comparison. That was a ridiculous statement. Btw I'm sure everyone here is a plus member but I do love the plus subscription too. I've been a subscriber for over two years and it offers great value. One last thing the poster that said $500 is a lot for something that is a child's toy should instantly go buy a wii u and stop playing video games all together. That comparison should stay locked in the 1980's/90's where it belongs. Tell that to the adults playing GTAV and let some parent buy it for their 10 year old. There's nothing about the xbox one that even implies they want children to buy it. Its main selling point is it controls home AVR devices and is a media hub. My opinion is Microsoft continues to push gaming forward while Sony remains safe. Let's not forget who made achievements up, who the first to add streaming video content (Netflix) to their devices were, and who made a home hub, and lastly who created the successful online play formula that is widely used now. Both systems are great but to say that either is expensive is silly. They are made for adults since the market I would say is primarily over age 16. The way I see it if you can't afford it at $399 and $499 at launch Microsoft and Sony didn't intend for that market of children and bargain hunter's to buy one yet.

Xbox One runs 10F cooler than the PS4 but the PSU is external. Kinect Camera also runs hot. The PS4 also has a more powerful GPU that generates more heat. The fact that the PS4 has a more powerful APU and only runs slightly hotter than the Xbox One is good engineering.

The PS4 from cold boot and standby boots up faster than the Xbox One

As far as progressing gaming, the Xbox One isn't progressing anything in the gaming industry. Name a single genre Microsoft has helped push gaming forward since even the original Xbox when compared to the Xbox One. Kinect gaming copied Wii and barely does anything more because of the input latency.

Microsoft didn't invent achievements. Games had them long before Xbox 360. Microsoft may have been the first to require it but look at all the crap achievements.

Sony had Video streaming on the PS3 in Europe long before Xbox 360 had Netflix.

Steam was the first widely successful online formula that Microsoft tried to copy with Live
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#46DvoloS88Posted 12/8/2013 11:43:14 AM
dnmt posted...
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...

Is that why the ps4 wobbles and can't play cds? Let's talk about facts, the ps4 is all about games right? That's why it has the worst launch line up EVER at least with exclusives. Why are you in this topic any way?
---
Microsoft fans and Sony fans, can't we all just get along?...
#47NinjaPirateDoodPosted 12/8/2013 11:54:53 AM
reassurance topic #5000000001
---
Self-proclaimed Shotgun Shogun.
"A gamer chooses. A fanboy obeys."
#48TheBiggerOnePosted 12/8/2013 11:56:48 AM
$499 is expensive for the system that is objectively at a disadvantage to the system priced at $399.
#49wirymo123Posted 12/8/2013 12:01:13 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
dnmt posted...
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...

Is that why the ps4 wobbles and can't play cds? Let's talk about facts, the ps4 is all about games right? That's why it has the worst launch line up EVER at least with exclusives. Why are you in this topic any way?

You want to talk about facts then state your opinion.
---
GT- FuzzyPillow19
Go Indy!
#50meetmenowPosted 12/8/2013 12:07:26 PM
I can't believe all the stupid comments in this thread.