$499 is not expensive for a new system in 2013/14.

#51DvoloS88Posted 12/8/2013 12:16:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#52TheBiggerOnePosted 12/8/2013 12:20:58 PM
DvoloS88 posted...
It's not an opinion though, there's a reason why the ps4s two aaa exlcusives aren't even in the top five message boards on this site alone. There's a reason why even sony fan boys think KZ SF was meh, even ign editors who clearly suck sony off said ryse was more fun than KZ. I shouldn't have to talk about knack... What else did ps4 get exclusive wise? Two indie games resogun and flower? Do I really need to explain any further?

The only stand out exclusives on either console have been DR3, Forza, and Resogun. Everything else has been universally panned by critics. The only thing you can take away from that is that both consoles are lacking, but at least in the short run, the Xbone has a 1 up (or maybe 1.5 up) on the PS4 in terms of exclusives. We typically shouldn't judge this type of thing till the end of next year. Titanfall, Quantum Break, & Halo vs. Infamous, Driveclub, and The Order will be interesting.
#53Viet0nePosted 12/8/2013 12:22:19 PM
DvoloS88 posted...

It's not an opinion though, there's a reason why the ps4s two aaa exlcusives aren't even in the top five message boards on this site alone. There's a reason why even sony fan boys think KZ SF was meh, even ign editors who clearly suck sony off said ryse was more fun than KZ. I shouldn't have to talk about knack... What else did ps4 get exclusive wise? Two indie games resogun and flower? Do I really need to explain any further?

Plenty of reviewers said Knack is more fun than ryse.

Plenty of reviewers said KZ SF is more fun than Forza 5.

More opinions.

Resogun and Flower scored higher than even Xbox One exclusives. Indie games are better than AAA exclusives. Do I need to explain further why opinions are opinions?
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#54Overlord_MerilPosted 12/8/2013 12:30:25 PM
No, it`s not that expensive... But when you`re two competitors are $399 and $249. Well, people are certainly going to pause for a minute.
#55TheBiggerOnePosted 12/8/2013 12:30:58 PM
Viet0ne posted...
DvoloS88 posted...

Plenty of reviewers said Knack is more fun than ryse.

Plenty of reviewers said KZ SF is more fun than Forza 5.

More opinions.

Resogun and Flower scored higher than even Xbox One exclusives. Indie games are better than AAA exclusives. Do I need to explain further why opinions are opinions?

You discredit him on his claim that Ryse and Forza are better by saying reviews are just opinions... and then you go on to say that Resogun and Flower are better because of their higher review scores.

Are you even trying?
#56stalemate_666Posted 12/8/2013 12:32:02 PM
Semp1 posted...
Ok internet forum tough guy relax. You just posted a whole topic of opinion. The ps4 hdmi failure rate seemed way more wide spread than the xbox ones disc fail rate. But I don't know because numbers weren't released and I was not affected by either. Also when it comes to running quiet and cool the xbone is silent and does not run hot. The ps4 is also fairly quiet but can be heard slightly if you listen closely enough. It also runs cool. Lastly what is fact, is from standby the xbone starts in about 10 seconds and shuts down in about 5. Can't say the same for the ps4's 30 second start up and shut down. And also to who ever said you can't include online experience because you have to subscribe is silly. That applies to both systems now. It was acceptable that psn was lesser quality when it was free now that sony forces a plus membership to play online on people with the ps4 just like Microsoft it can easily be brought up as a value comparison. That was a ridiculous statement. Btw I'm sure everyone here is a plus member but I do love the plus subscription too. I've been a subscriber for over two years and it offers great value. One last thing the poster that said $500 is a lot for something that is a child's toy should instantly go buy a wii u and stop playing video games all together. That comparison should stay locked in the 1980's/90's where it belongs. Tell that to the adults playing GTAV and let some parent buy it for their 10 year old. There's nothing about the xbox one that even implies they want children to buy it. Its main selling point is it controls home AVR devices and is a media hub. My opinion is Microsoft continues to push gaming forward while Sony remains safe. Let's not forget who made achievements up, who the first to add streaming video content (Netflix) to their devices were, and who made a home hub, and lastly who created the successful online play formula that is widely used now. Both systems are great but to say that either is expensive is silly. They are made for adults since the market I would say is primarily over age 16. The way I see it if you can't afford it at $399 and $499 at launch Microsoft and Sony didn't intend for that market of children and bargain hunter's to buy one yet.

Start up and shut down times are relatively pointless no idea why you brought it up, also if Xbone is anything like windows it will get worse once you actually start using it, a new windows pc will boot up fast until you put your games and programs in it then it's very slow. Also people arguing that xbl is better then psn have no basis for it, even with ps3/360 in the later years there's no evidence of it, it seems like more people just trying to justify price tag of live, and the cross chat feature was the only exception and it's my understanding that it has more to do with ps3s OS then psn anyways and is on the ps4 so is moot anyways. I agree that we don't have enough info on failure rate to make accurate comparison and most people are just assuming it based on last gen (much like xbl being better) and they are probably about even and comparing it to a child's toy is a poor argument as well.

Achievements existed long before MS made them system unified, and Sony first added dvd capability to a console which is equal to netflicks and pc is what made the online play formula not consoles. As for the price yes someone who could afford 400 could probably afford 500 but why would they spend more?
---
psn: Stalemate666
#57BigBOO2UPosted 12/8/2013 12:38:10 PM
Semp1 posted...
$499 is not expensive for a new system in 2013/14.

No matter how many boneheads say otherwise, $500 is too expensive because I can buy more and better things with that amount of money. Be it a TV, an AR receiver, a laptop, a cell phone, a tablet..............or a game console.
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#58professor_choasPosted 12/8/2013 12:41:17 PM
@TheBiggerOne, you missed something at the end of his post.

I don't care how you string it, $500 is $500. For the average Joe who lives on an average income and pays bills, that's a lot of money. Not all gamers have above average jobs or wealthy parents. It'll take me about 3-4 pay periods to save up and get a next gen console while paying rent, electricity, internet, cell phone, etc...
---
That activates my hilarity unit.
#59BrokenChaos666Posted 12/8/2013 12:48:56 PM
I don't want the Kinect forced onto me, thus $500 is too much. :)
---
3DS FC: 0748-1461-3958 Please PM so I can add you back!
Pokemon Y Safari: Ice with Beartic, Snover and Cloyster.
#60wildog2006Posted 12/8/2013 12:51:58 PM
PC master race here. Carry on with your pointless arguments while we have the superior hardware and software the entire time. Good day.
---
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.