$499 is not expensive for a new system in 2013/14.

#61archibald3Posted 12/8/2013 12:52:05 PM
TheBiggerOne posted...
$499 is expensive for the system that is objectively at a disadvantage to the system priced at $399.

Thats actually the very definition of subjective. With its feature set the X1 is a greater value to my household. The difference is computing power is irrelevant to me. I have a much more powerful computer then either system .

What matters to me are the games , the features, the online stability and how the whole package appeals to myself and my family - not yours. Thats why this whole console war is just a bunch of kids fighting over who`s little red wagon is selling more.

The difference in the price tag is less then a couple of games to me , if thats a big deal to you so be it ,but none of you speak for the millions of people who are going to buy an Xbox One. I spent $100 on taking my girlfriend out to dinner a couple of weeks ago...get over it..
#62goatthiefPosted 12/8/2013 12:52:17 PM
There will be a price drop, or the XBox-1 will fail. It's as simple as that. The PS4's win during the system launch has shown where the majority stands on this issue.

The only people who think 500 for this system is reasonable are a very vocal minority in the gaming population.
---
Please visit 261, the gamefaqs politics board so you can become more informed about the process before voting.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics
#63Villain_S_FiendPosted 12/8/2013 12:55:50 PM(edited)
When $499 is the highest price point of any system in its category of 2013-14, then it sets the bar in regards to what is "expensive" right now. In relation to other systems currently available on the market, yes, the Xbox One is "expensive".
---
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people to collect wood ... but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
#64BigBOO2UPosted 12/8/2013 12:55:27 PM
goatthief posted...
The only people who think 500 for this system is reasonable are a very vocal minority in the gaming population.

And the people who were foolish enough to pay that much for it.
---
Who knew that failing to put a "?" at the end of a sentence will bring down the wrath of the Mods on you for "Trolling" ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
#65snake_5036Posted 12/8/2013 12:56:30 PM
TMOG posted...
What about <$300 for a Wii U with better exclusives, more exclusives, backwards compatible with the previous system, better motion controls, cheaper games, off-TV gameplay via the tablet, and Virtual Console games?

I mean, hardware strength doesn't matter, right?

Shhhh! You're not allowed to use logic or facts on GameFAQs! Besides, Nintend00m3d!!!!11, remember?
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#66archibald3Posted 12/8/2013 1:00:36 PM
goatthief posted...
There will be a price drop, or the XBox-1 will fail. It's as simple as that. The PS4's win during the system launch has shown where the majority stands on this issue.

This is just your opinion and its wrong. You obviously don`t know a thing about business. It isn`t a football game - your concept of winning doesn`t apply here. In fact its incredibly naive. Apple could sell more Iphones this quarter then Samsung sells Galaxy`s you know ? It doesn`t put Samsung out of business...lol

As for your opinion of whether $500 is reasonable there`s well over a million people who already disagree my friend. I can only surmise your a kid if $100 means that much to you on something your going to own for years. This logic was always a fail and its still a fail. Video gaming is here to stay and its a huge industry now. There`s room for more then one system and there`s room for different pricing just like in every other popular industry.
#67NiftyManZPosted 12/8/2013 1:09:02 PM
Look at the NES with inflation...
---
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
#68goatthiefPosted 12/8/2013 1:12:07 PM
archibald3 posted...
goatthief posted...

This is just your opinion and its wrong. You obviously don`t know a thing about business. It isn`t a football game - your concept of winning doesn`t apply here. In fact its incredibly naive. Apple could sell more Iphones this quarter then Samsung sells Galaxy`s you know ? It doesn`t put Samsung out of business...lol

As for your opinion of whether $500 is reasonable there`s well over a million people who already disagree my friend. I can only surmise your a kid if $100 means that much to you on something your going to own for years. This logic was always a fail and its still a fail. Video gaming is here to stay and its a huge industry now. There`s room for more then one system and there`s room for different pricing just like in every other popular industry.

People are not going to shell out money in droves for a commodity when there is a commodity that has comparable quality and sells for nearly 20% cheaper. This has been proven over and over again in history.
---
Please visit 261, the gamefaqs politics board so you can become more informed about the process before voting.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics
#69DCarnagePosted 12/8/2013 1:30:08 PM
dnmt posted...
Semp1 posted...
dnmt posted...
It's still more than the direct competitor which is a $100 cheaper and more powerful to boot.

Who made the rule it has to be the same price. It's offering more hardware. My XBone just feels better made and more expensive.

Hey bozo, we're talking about facts here not your "feelings". And by all accounts the PS4 is much better designed with its smaller size, internal PSU, cooler temperatures and a lower failure rate.

I agree with you on all points except for... cooler temps?!

http://kotaku.com/what-the-ps4-and-xbox-one-look-like-to-the-predator-1470803239
#70Nathalmighty1Posted 12/8/2013 1:33:35 PM
Rich kid who has the cash for both consoles thinks the xbox is cheap huh? Good for you money bags. For the majority of us though it's a lot of money. Especially when the extra cost comes from the mandatory Kinect which people have mixed feelings towards.