Is the new kinect worth it?

#11Deathstroke33Posted 12/8/2013 3:56:58 PM
Saintx13 posted...
The Kinect is hands down the worst feature of the XBOX One. It was a forced novelty/gimmick. .

I HIGHLY doubt this will happen. The Kinect is so much a part of what MS is trying to do with the XB1, to release consoles w/o it would hurt them more then help.

I've actually enjoyed my new Kinect far more then I did the last one. Switching between TV, games, yahoo and hulu is seamless, easy and fast using just your voice. When I got my XB1, I wasn't really that excited about the the Kinect, it seemed kinda cool, but not a system seller for me. Now that I have it and have had the chance to use it, I love it.
#12segamaster316Posted 12/8/2013 7:44:49 PM
NightMareBunny posted...
Jman1236 posted...
Sooo leave it in the box and never use it then?

the menu is a pain to navigate without kinect...and I'll say Facial Recognition is the best way to sign in

it beats having to say "Xbox Sign in as(Your Name Here)"or doing it manually with the controller

Really?

You only have to do all those steps with the controller because MS chose to do it that way. Whenever I turn on my PS4, it goes right into my profile. Why? Because it has the option to automatically log into an account if there's only one on the box. Something that MS clearing didn't have the technical know-how to do...right.
---
Who do you think you are, I am!
#13grampamurkedPosted 12/8/2013 7:54:20 PM
The kinect is by far the best feature. Mine works flawlessly.
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#14Rarehunter_idolPosted 12/8/2013 7:59:50 PM
It's all personal preference. I have little-to-no interest in Kinect-orientated games, but I do enjoy the voice features a whole lot. I often-times turn on my consoles, sign in and load games while I'm doing something else, and I do just about all of that purely with voice.

For me, it's a fantastic piece of kit. I just wish it had a little more customization, like I would have loved if it were possible to create voice "shortcuts" for specific things. For example, I wish I could set it so I would only need to say "Forza 5" rather than "Forza Motorsport 5" or "COD Ghosts" over "Call of Duty: Ghosts".
---
This Body Holding Me Reminds Me Of My Own Mortality. Embrace This Moment, Remember; We Are Eternal, All This Pain Is An illusion...