Is there anything special about these "day one" games?

#1plus1zeroPosted 12/8/2013 9:30:56 PM
I was debating on selling my Wii U to pay towards and X1, but my wife just came over and told me she wanted me to keep it and was just going to buy me one for Christmas.

I'll probably go ahead and pick up DR3, my local walmart has one in stock that's a day one edition, but amazon will save me gas plus $5 in taxes. Is there any advantage to the D1 games besides holo cover?
#2jpraelsterPosted 12/8/2013 9:33:07 PM
plus1zero posted...
I was debating on selling my Wii U to pay towards and X1, but my wife just came over and told me she wanted me to keep it and was just going to buy me one for Christmas.

I'll probably go ahead and pick up DR3, my local walmart has one in stock that's a day one edition, but amazon will save me gas plus $5 in taxes. Is there any advantage to the D1 games besides holo cover?

The day 1 dlc if you already had a console the day 1 dlc for dead rising 3 was up on the marketplace but it has sense been taken down
#3aszsithPosted 12/8/2013 9:34:37 PM
They have a token for an "exclusive" Day One DLC item in them. Nothing earth shattering or amazeballs or anything. DR3 is the only one I have and it came with items related to Frank and Chuck (outfits and a weapon for each).

And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if those Day One items didn't stay exclusive and eventually hit as some sort of paid DLC down the road.
---
I own a XBOne, PS3, XBOX360, and Wii. I'm in it for the gameplay, not the logo on the box. Can you say the same?
#4jpraelsterPosted 12/8/2013 9:35:40 PM
aszsith posted...
They have a token for an "exclusive" Day One DLC item in them. Nothing earth shattering or amazeballs or anything. DR3 is the only one I have and it came with items related to Frank and Chuck (outfits and a weapon for each).

And it wouldn't surprise me in the least if those Day One items didn't stay exclusive and eventually hit as some sort of paid DLC down the road.

I dont see it happening but I wouldnt be shocked if it did either