Government confirmed to be spying on you through Xbox

#211RagnoraokPosted 12/9/2013 9:03:54 PM
Def_S0ul posted...
worshipme4life posted...
And to think not that long ago you could purchase a console, plug it into an outlet and TV, insert a game and play without all of this nonsense. This is ridiculous, and never mind how unconstitutional it is. PSN, Xbox Live.. it doesn't matter.

The facts are, connecting online through anything you essentially lose your right to privacy. Your phone, tablet, PC, your bank, etc; all of it can be used to monitor your activities. It was inevitable that this was going to happen, consoles were just one of the last pieces of online entertainment that were hit.

Some people may not care. However, think for yourself for a moment and realize what this kind of practice will eventually evolve into if unregulated. Do you really want to live in a potentially increasing police state? If no one makes the effort to push back, how can you be so sure that it will stop with just finding terrorists? Take a look at how many times a censorship bill is trying to get passed regarding the freedom of the internet. Once these things pass, it's too late.

This comment goes beyond the scope of whatever TC's intentions were by posting this thread (my guess is to rile up the Xbox players), but it doesn't make it any less valid. Take a moment and step out of your shoes and look around. At least be aware of this activity. Just because the government tells you, "It's for your own good." doesn't always make it right.

The most rationale post out of this madness.

What if it is for your own good. I'll take this a step further; once you decide to be apart of any society, you automatically give up some of your rights to be apart of the collective group. the whole point is to have more control and ultimately order. the government spying on ppl really is not an issue, considering that they are more than likely doing this to catch big time terrorists. Who cares if they spy on you, as long as you are not committing a crime, then you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if spying can reveal a mass plot (which it has), then I bet you will all change your tune.
---
Here at gamefaqs, you are either a troll, noob, or fanboy.....not like it matters, we are all losers anyways.
#2121nternationa7Posted 12/9/2013 9:17:55 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Def_S0ul posted...
worshipme4life posted...
And to think not that long ago you could purchase a console, plug it into an outlet and TV, insert a game and play without all of this nonsense. This is ridiculous, and never mind how unconstitutional it is. PSN, Xbox Live.. it doesn't matter.

The facts are, connecting online through anything you essentially lose your right to privacy. Your phone, tablet, PC, your bank, etc; all of it can be used to monitor your activities. It was inevitable that this was going to happen, consoles were just one of the last pieces of online entertainment that were hit.

Some people may not care. However, think for yourself for a moment and realize what this kind of practice will eventually evolve into if unregulated. Do you really want to live in a potentially increasing police state? If no one makes the effort to push back, how can you be so sure that it will stop with just finding terrorists? Take a look at how many times a censorship bill is trying to get passed regarding the freedom of the internet. Once these things pass, it's too late.

This comment goes beyond the scope of whatever TC's intentions were by posting this thread (my guess is to rile up the Xbox players), but it doesn't make it any less valid. Take a moment and step out of your shoes and look around. At least be aware of this activity. Just because the government tells you, "It's for your own good." doesn't always make it right.

What if it is for your own good. I'll take this a step further; once you decide to be apart of any society, you automatically give up some of your rights to be apart of the collective group. the whole point is to have more control and ultimately order. the government spying on ppl really is not an issue, considering that they are more than likely doing this to catch big time terrorists. Who cares if they spy on you, as long as you are not committing a crime, then you have nothing to worry about. On the other hand, if spying can reveal a mass plot (which it has), then I bet you will all change your tune.

Sure, the desert dwelling Islamic militants are all plotting the destruction of America using a popular online gaming service. Bet they sure get good internet reception right in the middle of the desert.

If you really believe what you posted, you are really the biggest type of idiot there is. If this "security" were free, I'd say the argument were less stupid, but the fact is that this is costing Americans millions of dollars in tax money every single year. This is just a front for corruption, a means of blackmail and a way of eliminating political opponents.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#213worshipme4lifePosted 12/9/2013 10:23:07 PM
Ragnoraok posted...

Do you really think that this will deter terrorism, though? By violating the privacy of its citizens, and breaking their own rules in the process what good can possibly come from this entity to continue at the rate it is going?

You need to realize that the situation isn't as black and white as you would like to believe. The NSA is getting to define what the word "relevant" is, and judging by their current actions relevant equals everything thanks to the Patriot Act. What happens 30 years from now, when this type of activity is standardized and suddenly, it's not about terrorists anymore. It's simply "for your protection." And it doesn't take a lot of forethought to see that they can also manipulate the word "protection" as well.

These people are data mining at an alarming rate, and they now have a literal window into your private life. Trolling, arguing about controllers and measuring who has the better console aside....doesn't this scare you in the least?

You may not agree with me and that's perfectly fine, but you cannot deny that these types of measures will not greatly benefit the American people. Also, there is no credible evidence that this mass digital surveillance has uncovered anything, and the lawyers and policemen involved in these cases have even disputed it. IF what the NSA is saying is true, and they have foiled so many attacks, then I would also believe that the public needs to know what those kinds of attacks are, and that it's worth sacrificing their privacy. However, they have yet to release such data. The system is clearly flawed. I implore you to do more research on exactly what is going on.

I for one, do what I can to exercise my right to privacy. When the Government starts getting you to believe that is a bad thing, then it doesn't take a prophet to see where this kind of violation will eventually lead this country. This is about much more than the short term, and the buzzwords "because terrorism" are losing favor in the ears the few people that are looking at the whole picture, not just the nightly news.
---
All we know is all we are.
#214Def_S0ulPosted 12/9/2013 10:51:25 PM
Ragnoraok posted...
Def_S0ul posted...
worshipme4life posted...

I'm all for peace and order but not for totalitarian control by the government. I don't trust them one bit. And you're talking about mass plot? That's exactly what the government is doing. They are plotting to enslave us all using the fear of terrorism that they fabricated themselves. Who do you think perpetrated every single terrorist attack in this country? It's not just Islamic radicals who are involved in the terrorism. Who do you think sells weapons to the terrorists?

Big brother is not watching to protect us. They are watching to control us. You put your faith in this whacked government then you're screwed.
#215GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 4:05:22 AM(edited)
The "terrorists" WON the day The Department of Homeland Security was established.

The GOAL of "terrorism" is to use violence to inflict CHANGE of lifestyle on your Enemy THROUGH said "terrorism".

The 19 nutjobs that flew those planes into the Twin Towers accomplished EVERYTHING they intended too.

We have changed the very way in which we Travel in this country, US: 0 TERRORIST: 1

We now have OPEN and ADMITTED violations of 4th amendment RIGHTS: US: 0 TERRORIST: 2

We now require a PASSPORT($200+) just to DAYTRIP into Canada.(none of the 19(20) hijackers came into the US through Canada) US: 0 TERRORIST: 3

A Joint operation by The Boston PD and US Military cordoned off a entire MAJOR CITY(AKA Martial Law) after a terrorist attack and spent 6am to 9pm looking through an ENTIRE CITY for a suspect that made it no further than 100yards from the car! No one ever think to fan out in concentric circles block by block? Would have found him in 30min if they had used deductive REASONING. US: 0 Terrorist: 4

US TOLD we have "killed" OSB.... US: 1 TERRORIST: 4

US loads 18+ Special Forces involved n the Raid along with/Green Berets/ARMY Rangers on to a 1970's(70's! WTF people? they flew the dam DOG on a NEW OSPREY to Martha's Vineyard FFS!!!) era Chinook dual rooter transport Helicopter with then crashes KILLING EVERYONE on board(conveniently insuring no "eye witness" story will ever get to be told)

US: (-1)0 TERRORIST: 4
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#216GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 4:11:21 AM
Yargitsu99z posted...
Thewinner14 posted...
There's an NCIS episode where terrorists use an MMORPG to communicate

Art imitating life or life imitating art?

Propaganda dictating cultural acceptance.

EXACTLY.

Here is another "coincidence".....

The pilot program for The Lone Gunmen, which first aired on March 4, 2001, concerned a government plot to crash an airplane into the World Trade Center and make it appear as a terrorist plot in order to justify more defense spending. The pilot episode features a corporation called "EComCon". EComCon (a compression of "Emergency Communications and Control") is a codename for a secret base used by a rogue Air Force general to overthrow the U.S. Government in the film Seven Days in May (1964).
---
#217Mander1861Posted 12/10/2013 4:29:34 AM
Lol we got some Alex jones nuts in here lulz
---
National Atheist coalition co founder. 171 Mensa certified IQ. Part time Astro physicist. Voted Gamefaqs most liked and respected poster.
#218ViryuPosted 12/10/2013 4:38:22 AM(edited)
Ragnoraok posted...

"They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
11th Nov. 1755, Benjamin Franklin, one of the forefathers of United States

That whole "fight against terrorism by taking away human rights" ideology is basically everything that the creators of the Constitution of United States fought against. You should be ashamed of yourself.
---
psnprofiles.com/Viryu
#219GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 4:45:54 AM
Mander1861 posted...

No one said anything about Alex Jones.

Why bring him up if not but for the Deflection value?

Something you wish to ACTUALY rebut with your own thoughts/ideas?

Or are you ok just throwing our buzzwords/phrases to reassure yourself of your positions?
---
#220Mander1861Posted 12/10/2013 4:57:22 AM
GotTruth posted...
Mander1861 posted...

No one said anything about Alex Jones.

Why bring him up if not but for the Deflection value?

Something you wish to ACTUALY rebut with your own thoughts/ideas?

Or are you ok just throwing our buzzwords/phrases to reassure yourself of your positions?

Lol we got some non admitting Alex jones nuts in here lulz
---
National Atheist coalition co founder. 171 Mensa certified IQ. Part time Astro physicist. Voted Gamefaqs most liked and respected poster.