I was hyped for TES Online but then after waiting for a while...

#11AvirosbPosted 12/9/2013 8:24:47 AM
Crysiania posted...
Bethesda.
That is probably the only good thing the game has got going for it.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#12CrysianiaPosted 12/9/2013 8:25:46 AM
Avirosb posted...
Crysiania posted...
Bethesda.

Sure bethesda games are buggy messes, but despite that they are pretty good games.
---
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul
#13AvirosbPosted 12/9/2013 8:43:48 AM
Crysiania posted...
Avirosb posted...
Crysiania posted...
Bethesda.

Sure bethesda games are buggy messes, but despite that they are pretty good games.

Despite gradually becoming more "streamlined", "Epic" and "console friendly" by each installment.
I want more customizations, consequences and - in general - variables, dammit!
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#14_Elite_Bushido_Posted 12/9/2013 8:55:09 AM
likematches posted...
Hidan623 posted...
TMOG posted...
Agreed. I would love a co-op Elder Scrolls/Fallout game, but I'm not big on MMOs.

Yeah because most people will play this MMO like a co-op anyway so make no sense for it to be an MMO plus we have to pay extra for it. I wouldn't mind paying but for it to be their first mmo we don't even know how good it will be. So why not go pay for something you know is good not to mention all the free to plays out there.

They should have gone the CO-OP route and not tried to make more money. They already know just because the name bethesda is on it and it's called elder scrolls it will sell millions so they didn't need to worry about a paywall. If anything the paywall will hurt their sales.

Subscription price is for server maintenance and support.

MMOs are not cheap.

Lol you blind blind fool. You do know blizzard could had stopped charging like a few months after the launch of wow right? Lol
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
PS4, Mediocrity awaits. --------- FC: 0834-1795-7959
#15KalibakPosted 12/9/2013 9:00:03 AM
I was hyped for it, too! And then, they went and announced a monthly fee. Now, this game is dead to me.
#162ndAtomiskPosted 12/9/2013 9:08:27 AM
Slightly excited for it. Much better looking MMOs coming out next year though. I'll probably pass on it for that fact alone.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#17takidigits2005Posted 12/9/2013 9:17:32 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
I was excited about ESO, until I discovered they are charging $60 for it, and then charging a subscription on top of that cost. No way am I paying a monthly subscription on top of what we are already paying to play a console game.

F2P MMO or GTFO basically

Agreed 100%.
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#1895_EclipsePosted 12/9/2013 9:41:03 AM
bessy67 posted...
I think ESO looks cool, but I will not pay $15 a month no matter how good the game is.

That's the line of thought I think will kill this game. Most people I know, including myself have the same attitude. Devs need to realize, console gamers are already being milked to play online once, and many won't be willing to fork over another 15 a month to play a single game online on top of XBL/PSN and their internet costs.

Now sure, you can play it on PS without PSN, but no ones going to buy a PS4 for just ESO.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#19KalibakPosted 12/12/2013 4:49:23 AM
Yeah, if this pricing model could survive on consoles, Activision would be hitting the Jackpot with Call of Duty.
#20SorbetowulfPosted 12/12/2013 5:00:05 AM
I would have been excited for TES Online until the latest trailer video.

It looked amazing, the first time I saw it ten years ago, when it was World of Warcraft. Wasn't impressed then, and not impressed now. Seriously, devs need to stop making MMO's cookie-cutter WoW derivatives and start thinking of something fresh. Instead of a pointless class grind, which is what Skyrim, Morrowind, and Oblivion didn't do, to their great benefit, they churn out a knock-off that just has TES in the title.

How about a freaking TES MMO where I can be a merchant in Dawnstar, and do nothing but manufacture goods? And the way I level is by selling things and increasing my good reputation in the town and beyond?

There's a reason these are known as MMO's now and not MMO RPGs. Because the RPG stopped being the rub.

I'll pass until the next non-MMO Elder Scrolls is released.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S