I was hyped for TES Online but then after waiting for a while...
Add user to Ignore List after reporting
3 years ago#21
I don't conform to social convention
"Xbox people don't care about the truth, they only care about seamless multimedia streaming." - Stan Marsh
3 years ago#22
Having played the beta (LOL NDA, it was practically open as almost everyone who applied got in the last round), the combat was pretty bad. And that's the core of the game.
And before some idiot says "its just beta lol", show me one game that substantially improved or changed much since beta, and the game releases in less than 4 months.
- Technical graphics are up there. PS4+Xbone will not run this 60fps@1080p, I can almost guarantee it.
- Attention to lore detail was better than expected
- Art style
- Combat was an awkward, tehnically poor mishmash between GW2, Skyrim, and traditional rotation combat. The lack of feedback/feeling of impact kills it.
- It's a theme park, which takes away a bit of a true explorative feeling. You're just constantly being ushered into the next higher level area, so no region will feel memorable or really unique.
- Quests are garbage.
- Playerbase skewed towards the dunmer/nord/argonian alliance. Partially because of the races( I play dunmer, I admit), and partially because their areas are intrisincally the most interesting (both on an aesthetic general fantasy level and a fanservice level, considering they have Skyrim and Morrowind).
- The class system kind of reneges on their promises. "play how you want", WEAR HEAVY ARMOR AND CAST SPELLS AND STUFF, but the gameplay mechanics discourage this as armor has more to do with magicka-stamina-health than armor class vs weight. Same with weapons, different weapon styles are catered towards classic MMO roles despite their claims.
Overall, it feels like a missed opportunity. I'm not opposed to the idea of an Elder Scrolls MMO, as it, along with a real Forgotten Realms MMO, would be a great thing of done right. But this game definitely needed more influence from the Eve Online, Ultima Online, and even GW2 side of the house than the Skyrim/WoW side. The sad part is the suits at Bethesda dont realize they couldve been alot riskier with this and still have been commercially succesful because of the franchise name alone.
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3 years ago#23
F2P MMO or GTFO basically
Funny, I am the exact opposite. F2P kills MMOs, because inevitably devs have to expand and balance with monetization in mind, instead of improvements/fun. It's not unreasonable that they HAVE to do this...its a business after all.
Monthly Fee or GTFO basically.
Contest Abuse - You have lost the right to dispute or appeal further moderations.
3 years ago#24
MrSpaM111 posted...F2P MMO or GTFO basically
I understand what you mean, I honestly wouldn't mind paying a monthly fee if they were not charging $60 for the client in the first place, this is what annoys me, it should be one or the other. Pay for the client without subscription costs, or pay subscription costs if the client is free to download. They should at least let you try the game out at no costs up to say level 10, just so you can decide if it's the right game to invest a subscription into. Currently it seems like a huge cash grab. It's sad really, because I was pretty excited about playing this on console when it was announced.
"Exactly correct TC..."
3 years ago#25
a real Forgotten Realms MMO
There is a severe lack of Forgotten Realms games in general, especially high budget. Screw LoTR, screw GoT, screw the Witcher and make an open world post spellplague Faerun game
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
3 years ago#26
Fallout New Vegas wasn't made by Beth and it is loved and adored by millions. ES:O will be fine.
E-101 You-go guay guay fi dee schow'
3 years ago#27
ESO looks terrible, ive heard reports that the combat is beyond mediocre which just does not work in an mmorpg.
It can't be worse than the typical MMORPG that requires you to simply attack while spamming special abilities. Combat has always been mediocre in Elder Scrolls games and MMORPGS.
3 years ago#28
Pulp posted...MrSpaM111 posted...F2P MMO or GTFO basically
Or charge less than $15. Why not $5? Or $7.95? Or even $9.99? And why not $40 instead of $60?
Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.
3 years ago#29
likematches posted...Hidan623 posted...TMOG posted...Agreed. I would love a co-op Elder Scrolls/Fallout game, but I'm not big on MMOs.
You mean P2W, and by vanity items you mean "increases your damage by 20% for 30 minutes", and no, those games aren't even making 1% of 1% of WoW's revenue.
I will not touch of look at any of the P2W Scam games, because I know they inevitably have to milk more out of players than Traditional MMOs do with subscription fees.
3 years ago#30
I think ESO looks cool, but I will not pay $15 a month no matter how good the game is.
Subscriptions are the bane of the gaming industry.
Currently own: PS4, XB1, PS3, XB360, PS2, PS1, PS Vita, Wii, Wii U, DS, 3DS, Super NES, N64, and a gaming PC.
|More topics from this board...|
|Do people still bf hardline or is everyone just waiting for bf1||305michael305||9||6/26 8:38PM|
|Are they really waiting til the 30th to announce GWG for July?||RickGotti||12||6/28 8:13AM|
|theres no unity in gta online||ps3sixty||8||6/25 6:18PM|
|Is Halo 5 still populated online?||PowningFreak||15||6/28 8:01AM|
|My friend is online and playing Red Dead. How?||AgentLocke||8||6/29 5:01AM|