Xbox One makes History in Australia

#1OceandessertsPosted 12/9/2013 8:23:25 AM
Microsoft’s Xbox One has been crowned the fastest-selling video game console to date in Australia, as its key rival, Sony, struggled to fulfil pre-orders for the PlayStation 4.

Market research firm NPD Group said a total of 65,917 Xbox One consoles were sold in its first three days on sale in Australia, more than doubling the previous launch record for the Nintendo Wii in 2006, and beating out previous records for number of consoles sold in a week.

The Japanese entertainment giant said last week it had sold 2.1 million units in the first fortnight since launch, of which 700,000 units had been sold in Europe and Australia.

The company would not break out local sales, but industry sources told The Australian Financial Review Australian sales of Sony’s device fell short of Microsoft’s across the same period a week earlier, primarily due to the company being unable to ship enough consoles to meet the number of pre-orders at bricks-and-mortar retailers.

Both console manufacturers are now on track to outsell their respective predecessors and quickly beat third-placed Nintendo, whose launch last year of the Wii U has largely failed to capture the attention of gamers so far.

Source?

Xbox One smashes sales records

http://www.afr.com/p/technology/xbox_one_smashes_sales_records_yLa9DIIeFWDNqNGF8QPPQI

Xbox One breaks Australian sales records

http://www.slashgear.com/xbox-one-breaks-australian-sales-records-09308105/
#2likematchesPosted 12/9/2013 8:28:41 AM
Sony support in Aus is known to be absolutely abysmal. No shock there.
---
"Tanks just can't handle my MASSIVE DPS! I'm not even trying and IT IS ALREADY SO HUGE!!!"
#3TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/9/2013 8:29:00 AM
So basically it broke records by default, since Sony couldn't ship enough consoles to fulfill all the preorders?

Yeah, that's something worth bragging about. I guess the Bobcats would brag about beating the Heat if LeBron, Wade, and Bosh had broken legs.
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#4HardcoreFtwPosted 12/9/2013 8:29:50 AM
likematches posted...

What? you're serious?
---
drink Russian, drive German, wear Italian.
#5Keven_KoopaPosted 12/9/2013 8:31:20 AM
I'm confused....if Xbox One made history based on sales in Australia, how come the Wii U is dominating the Xbox One in Australia right now?
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 12/9/2013 8:33:00 AM
Keven_Koopa posted...
I'm confused....if Xbox One made history based on sales in Australia, how come the Wii U is dominating the Xbox One in Australia right now?

Why you mad tho?
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#7likematchesPosted 12/9/2013 8:34:02 AM
HardcoreFtw posted...
likematches posted...

What? you're serious?

At least for the Vita.
---
"Tanks just can't handle my MASSIVE DPS! I'm not even trying and IT IS ALREADY SO HUGE!!!"
#8TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 12/9/2013 8:35:00 AM
Keven_Koopa posted...

Not to mention, what dumb journalist decided this was a good article to write? XB1 made history because its competitor wasn't plentiful enough to fulfill all the preorders? TC doesn't even realize that just hurts the image of the console he's trying to brag about lol
---
PSN- TJ_UNLIMITED
Gamertag- TJ UNLIMIT3D
#9NermaIPosted 12/9/2013 8:47:32 AM
TJ_UNLIMITED posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...

Not to mention, what dumb journalist decided this was a good article to write? XB1 made history because its competitor wasn't plentiful enough to fulfill all the preorders? TC doesn't even realize that just hurts the image of the console he's trying to brag about lol

The journalist works part-time as an Microsoft shill lol
#10Xeeh_BitzPosted 12/9/2013 8:53:07 AM
So Xbox One gets the most sales because Sony failed to meet any of the demand/preorders in AU.

That's like saying, I won the race because my opponent's car broke down. Sure, it's a win but nothing to write home about.
---
Steam: Xeeh Bitz | PSN: Xeeh Bitz | XBL: Xeeh You