NSA monitering XBone users + claiming gaming is used to recruit terrorists

#181Solid_SchmittyPosted 12/10/2013 4:31:05 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Juzten76 posted...
Ashuri posted...
People worry about being spied on with the X1 but if you have a iPhone or any cell phone, your most likely watched 24/7? wow

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-57601981-83/what-nsa-snoops-like-about-the-iphone/

Oh they aren't worried at all about the X1 spying on them. They have no intention of buying one and come here simply to troll. They even have the regulars over at the PS4 forum telling them to shut up for making Sony fans look bad. They are a blight on the ass of gaming.

+1 truth

These people don't give two craps about the NSA stuff. I mean if this NSA issue was a real concern to them they would not be on a video game forum talking about it. Saying 'see you shouldn't buy the X1 because NSA and stuff'.

I mean are they complaining about their bank info or cell phone info or their e-mails being open to the NSA?? O no no their biggest concern is the xbox one.

Do they care that gamefaqs gets info from them? Apparently not.

Apparently you are a total moron with no understanding of logic and facts
#182UltraPlanetPosted 12/12/2013 6:36:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#183UltraPlanetPosted 12/12/2013 6:36:27 AM
How would recruiting terrorists on XBL even work? The play COD and say "hey would you like to do this mindless killing in real life too"?
#184CyborgTwentyPosted 12/15/2013 6:06:48 AM
This is very bad news.
#185Keven_KoopaPosted 12/15/2013 6:08:26 AM
RawringAir posted...
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/04/nsa-storing-cell-phone-records-daily-snowden

im sure you all still own your cellphones so quit posting

I actually don't own a cellphone. It's cheaper that way. :)
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#186Keven_KoopaPosted 12/15/2013 6:18:09 AM
UltraPlanet posted...
How would recruiting terrorists on XBL even work? The play COD and say "hey would you like to do this mindless killing in real life too"?

I'm not even convinced that most terrorists are even gamers. Most terrorists are much to busy, you know, planning their terrorism. The shooting in CO, Aurora, and the Batman shooter were hardly gamers to begin with.
---
And Samus takes off the Zero Suit to reveal that Samus is indeed male, just looks female.
#187SorbetowulfPosted 12/15/2013 6:24:02 AM
I've addressed this to death. How many of these posts keep springing up?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68064197?page=8

Complete legal precedent re: government surveillance, posted by me, thread pages 8-9.

Short version: Microsoft currently has no precedent under current surveillance laws (established 1972 and reinforced in 2007) with which to refuse government access to online information.

I don't support that policy, but them's the breaks. Currently.

Nor does any other communications, telecommunications, or online communications provider in the United States.

Fortunately, other countries have different surveillance laws, and those laws apply to citizens of those countries.

Absolutely disturbing that I, a Canadian, know more about US law than most posters here.

Quit trying to blame Microsoft, Sony, or other social media providers. They're screwed.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#188Keven_KoopaPosted 12/15/2013 6:27:42 AM(edited)
Sorbetowulf posted...

Complete legal precedent re: government surveillance, posted by me, thread pages 8-9.

Short version: Microsoft currently has no precedent under current surveillance laws (established 1972 and reinforced in 2007) with which to refuse government access to online information.

Nor does any other communications, telecommunications, or online communications provider in the United States.

Fortunately, other countries have different surveillance laws, and those laws apply to citizens of those countries.

Absolutely disturbing that I, a Canadian, know more about US law than most posters here.

Quit trying to blame Microsoft, Sony, or other social media providers. They're screwed.

If that's the case, then cut them from the source of obtaining that information. The Kinect is hardly even mandatory and no one ever uses it unless they are absolutely forced to. It's a win-win to just eliminated the racist camera bar entirely.

This is also ignoring the fact that you are conveniently ignoring that Nintendo and Sony DOESN'T spy on their customers.
---
#189SorbetowulfPosted 12/15/2013 6:31:15 AM
Keven_Koopa posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...

If that's the case, then cut them from the source of obtaining that information. The Kinect is hardly even mandatory and no one ever uses it unless they are absolutely forced to. It's a win-win to just eliminated the racist camera bar entirely.

Except it's not the Kinect that's the problem. Voice, text, visual. Sony's camera peripheral is also liable. As are webcams and cell phones.

And before we do this dance again, I know you. You're the "Kinect is always on" guy. And I've soundly trounced that theory every other thread you refuse to reply to with a simple: Standby =/= on, and even if it did, the ability to a) gather, and b) share any information from the unit legal when the console is in use.

/Story.
---
GT: NE OBL1V1SCAR1S
#190Keven_KoopaPosted 12/15/2013 6:37:22 AM
Sorbetowulf posted...
Keven_Koopa posted...
Sorbetowulf posted...

Except it's not the Kinect that's the problem. Voice, text, visual. Sony's camera peripheral is also liable. As are webcams and cell phones.

And before we do this dance again, I know you. You're the "Kinect is always on" guy. And I've soundly trounced that theory every other thread you refuse to reply to with a simple: Standby =/= on, and even if it did, the ability to a) gather, and b) share any information from the unit legal when the console is in use.

/Story.

You're assertion that Sony is on the same issue as this is flawed. Where's the press on this? The press is eating the Xbox One alive because of this and all the while they are silent on the PS4. Also, I've told you twice now that Standby DOES mean that it's on in the same manner that my phone--even if it's on sleep mode--is still on. My phone can still die if it's on standby mode, thus proving that it's still on. The fact that the camera bar is on stand-by mode doesn't mean anything.

You've actually ran away from the other topic, unsurprisingly, when I brought this up and you never mentioned it again. How dishonest of you.
---