NSA monitering XBone users + claiming gaming is used to recruit terrorists

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. NSA monitering XBone users + claiming gaming is used to recruit terrorists
2 years ago#201
I wonder how many people here would be complaining if they were in a position to enjoy power here.
2 years ago#202
Juzten76 posted...
Is it June 2013 again?

---
Wii R U
2 years ago#203
Jesus people act like we're all being watched 24/7 and we'll be thrown in jail for dropping the F bomb. You're being watched much more intently when you're in a Wal-Mart, but you never see anyone forming conspiracies about how badly Wal-Mart is invading your privacy. They just need to see if yyou're stealing stuff, if that makes you uncomfortable, then shop somewhere else. If you think the NSA seriously cares enough about your loser life enough to watch you eat cheetos then buy a GameCube and stick with Super Mario Sunshine, because that's just the way life is now.

how many people work for the NSA? 6,000? 7,000? The majority of them are obviously working on other things, like genuinely preventing terrorism. How many people could POSSIBLY even be spying on us? Even if we revealed out deepest darkest secrets, that we secretly dress up like women and prance around the house, who cares if some guy in Fairfax knows that, which statistically the odds of that happening would be so low in the first place.

I feel like the reason this started was because back during Halo 2 or something some punk kids made a clan and talked about killing the president or something because they're a bunch of 13 year old kids, they got flagged by the NSA/FBI and now "we're all being watched"
---
3DS Friend Code: 2251-4708-8870 Guys, check out my kickstarter!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/742636845/the-cumulus-engines-debut-record
2 years ago#204
In this topic Americans trying to rationalize being grossly violated by their own government.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
2 years ago#205
Another one of these "xbawx uhn is spienz en mee" topics?

Get a life.
---
"You're using the wrong words to express your still incorrect thoughts" -Foxx3k
2 years ago#206
ssjgohhku posted...
NSA and Microsoft seem to be best buddies.

Now that the NSA's spying on U.S. citizens has been found to be unconstitutional that makes Microsoft complicit in a crime.

Microsoft should take action to restore their credibility. They need to rebrand the Xbox One as the Xbox Liberty. That would be smart on so many levels because people would refer to it as the XL rather than the Xbone.

Here's the plan. Close all NSA backdoors in Microsoft software and hardware. Drop the Kinect spy cam peripheral which would allow Microsoft to match the price of the PS4. Lastly, start a campaign to work with the ACLU to ensure that the NSA's Orwellian ambitions are never realized and that Director of National Intelligence James Clapper goes to jail for lying to Congress.
---
Speaking on condition of anonymity.
2 years ago#207
RPG1125 posted...
cheezedadada posted...
Riverraider98 posted...
so go back to your everyday pretty much useless lives and shut up about things you dont understand.

HAHAHA I love you, Riverraider.

You summed it up perfectly. People think they are so important that the government needs to keep an eye on them 24/7 and that they are at risk. They are celebrities in their own mind, yet don't realize that they go home and watch TV and do nothing useful every day of their lives.

...b-b-b--b-b-but the government cares about me and the time I spend watching The Office or sit on my couch next to my dogs all night for hours on end.

Its funny how the younger kids just bend over and allow their government to spy on them.

Its not a matter of people thinking their important, your government should not be spying on you, in your home, PERIOD, if you think its ok, then you deserve what happens in the future.

Also, a few days ago I just read a post here that said Microsoft was going to fight this...LMAO, of course not!

Amen.

They are not fighting it they are promoting it. It's all about money. They get advertising revenue as well as money they can get off from NSA for selling your information. And with the power of Kinect 2.0 they can see and hear you far more easily than any other device out there. You kids think the Kinect 2.0 are made specifically for gaming? May be a few games would implement some of its features... but I highly doubt M$ intended to make Kinect 2.0 for the sole purpose of gaming. It's all about a more convenient way for them to gather data for themselves and make money with ads, and make even more from the NSA.

A lot of these people kept bringing up the camera from lap top, internet browsers, cellphone/smartphones etc. It sucks that those devices already got messed up by data mining and there's nothing we can do about it. It's passed and we can no longer resist and fight it because they sneaked it up behind the scenes and it's far too established to be abolished by anyone. But the Kinect 2.0 is right up smack there in your face. We all know what it can do and what its intended use for by the company and yet we just accept it? You're just gonna accept it because those other device that you use already have it? You're not gonna prevent your beloved xbox one from infringing on your privacy? Then you deserve to get boned.
2 years ago#208
Sad to see stupid people defend such actions.
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
2 years ago#209
Mind blowing that people defend this. But we should really be focusing on the government and not microsoft.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
2 years ago#210
potato
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. NSA monitering XBone users + claiming gaming is used to recruit terrorists

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived