Even if Kinect DID spy on you, who cares?

#121GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 1:05:19 AM
Jiggy101011 posted...
AshleyGreene74 posted...
People like you who don't care to be spied on give Microsoft and the Govt wet dreams.

Do you hide your IP address when you go on your computer? Should I also assume that you dont own a cellphone or any type of bank card?

Pointing to other bad behavior to justify other bad behavior is not a strong rebuttal argument.

In fact its a fairly weak one.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#122krystylaPosted 12/10/2013 1:06:43 AM
skermac posted...
kakarot-uchiha posted...
the secret service doesn't do that, the fbi does.

regardless data-mining like that is totally 'spying'. total insider trading advertising, but i hope its never worse than refining kinnect and ads. my topic about how that potentially is good got pulled, but kinnect could definitely improve a customers games and experience in theory.

Since the internet in international I think its Interpol that would come knocking on your door.

Oh sure the NSA can just make up international arrest charges and nobody in Interpol would ask, it's more likely I'd get kidnapped.

Another thing Kinect data especially video feed is still bound to the web and upload speeds are horrible where I live
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#123kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/10/2013 10:00:02 AM
krystyla posted...
skermac posted...
kakarot-uchiha posted...
the secret service doesn't do that, the fbi does.

regardless data-mining like that is totally 'spying'. total insider trading advertising, but i hope its never worse than refining kinnect and ads. my topic about how that potentially is good got pulled, but kinnect could definitely improve a customers games and experience in theory.

Since the internet in international I think its Interpol that would come knocking on your door.

Oh sure the NSA can just make up international arrest charges and nobody in Interpol would ask, it's more likely I'd get kidnapped.

Another thing Kinect data especially video feed is still bound to the web and upload speeds are horrible where I live

well i hope you stay safe and sound all flame-warring aside.
i've said that apart from the data-mining i don't think its ms plan to spy on people in the sense that they want to be some form of middleman for law enforcement. from what i've seen prism is accelerated from clinton's echelon project and part of the surveillance web. i've never posted kinnect nsa connections, well maybe stated its physically doable, but from the very beginning i've used the face-value information right from ms.

so, data-mining. if isit outside your house, if i write down every time you use your tv, what you watch, what you play, how long you play, record your habits, everytime you leave leave and come home, record your conversations and track your vitals its called stalking. if i just record some of your daily habits, your comings and goings, its called stalking. data-mining is snooping, spying. theres no way to deny that and be respected.

theres no conclusions drawn, no spin. just data kinnect collects. what that means and how its used can be argued. i didnt even say that stalking was bad. some people like the idea of giving private companies and developers and advertisers that much data. because it could be used for better entertainment. i've tried to explain the reality of possible kinnect abuse and what kind but i've always looked at it from both sides.
#124Cowboy082288Posted 12/10/2013 10:09:47 AM
Anyone who thinks some NSA agent is watching them threw their smartphone, tablet, PC/laptop, or game console camera is an idiot. The sort of info that the NSA is collecting got leaked, maybe you guys missed that news story? Had nothing to do with watching people through their cameras.....
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#125RPG1125Posted 12/10/2013 10:10:25 AM
Ya who cares if it spies on you..in America land of the free, home of the brave LOL

Who cares what they are doing with your data right? Lol dumb and stupid omg Twitter!

Who cares if police show up to your door because you do something they think is wrong, thats stupid LOL TIN FOIL!

Who cares if all of these things were predicted in a book written years ago when the same thing happened...LOLZ ITS DUMB MILEY CYRESS OMG RITE?

Pathetic Americans. Never change!
#126kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/10/2013 12:18:07 PM
RPG1125 posted...
Ya who cares if it spies on you..in America land of the free, home of the brave LOL

Who cares what they are doing with your data right? Lol dumb and stupid omg Twitter!

Who cares if police show up to your door because you do something they think is wrong, thats stupid LOL TIN FOIL!

Who cares if all of these things were predicted in a book written years ago when the same thing happened...LOLZ ITS DUMB MILEY CYRESS OMG RITE?

Pathetic Americans. Never change!

i'm american, some elements of some americans might be pathetic but we aren't pathetic. i don't judge your whole country, when i talk about a fault with other countries i'm specific about that policy and would never pretend a unanimous countrymen about it. i usually just deal with the faults of my own country tho.
#127psyduck151Posted 12/10/2013 12:22:46 PM
I wish I was interesting enough that people would spy on me... I'd feel like a celebrity
---
We Do Not Sow