Is everyone happy with their console?

#1Gongster15Posted 12/9/2013 10:14:56 AM
Thinking whether to buy a Next Gen console as it is christmas but don't know which one I want
I did prefer 360 over PS3 but I don't have a bias over the companies.
Things thats making me lean towards xbox are the games. Killer instinct and dead rising looks good and titanfall looks awesome.
Only thing that is putting me off is price and Kinect. Not really sold on the Kinect and I don't know if i should blow 450 yet but I kind of feel like im missing out. Also I have heard some useful features were taken out for the One that existed on 360.
Is it worth waiting or should I just purchase it for christmas?
#2krystylaPosted 12/9/2013 10:15:58 AM
Have you considered importing from mainland Europe? Could be cheaper
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
#3Gongster15(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 10:17:17 AM
A friend can get me one for about 380 with his store discount but i'm still unsure on it
need convincing
#4PutHaggarInSFPosted 12/9/2013 10:18:12 AM
Worth it in my opinion, if you don't have better things to spend the money on. If it's just throw away cash, I say go for it. It's a bit dry right now as far as releases, but that's launch, ya know? DR3 and KI are great, I have them both. Highly recommend them, especially if you like the older games in both series and/or like fighters (in KI's case).
---
http://i.imgur.com/Venml45.gif
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#5Special-EddPosted 12/9/2013 10:32:38 AM
I'm definitely having fun with it. The lineup is one of the better launch lineups and apart from having to get used to the new interface it feels great. There is no doubt that the UI needs and will receive some updates to improve its overall features and performance but this will happen over time.

I'd say so far I'm very happy with my purchase.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#6KillerDuck03Posted 12/9/2013 10:38:40 AM
I've enjoyed my Xbox one.

Dead Rising is a blast. Can't wait for Titanfall. Also been playing Assassin's Creed (a multi-plat, I know but never once have I thought "man I bet this looks better on PS4" lol)

I didn't think much of the Kinect at first but now that I've gotten used to it I use a lot of the voice commands for Live party invites and "Xbox go to..." when I want to switch to another app.
#7ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/9/2013 10:39:29 AM
Unsatisfied customer.....I don't like this
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#8cheezedadadaPosted 12/9/2013 10:40:24 AM
I don't own one yet, but everyone I know who personally owns it is enjoying it.

I have mooched off some of them so far and when I visited my family, I played my brothers Xbox One all weekend. DeaD rising 3 was REALLY fun.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#9Satchmo25Posted 12/9/2013 10:45:53 AM
I'm happy with it, easily the best of the next gen consoles but the gaming library is really up to you and if you want the kinect I guess.

ThatLaoGuy posted...
Unsatisfied customer.....I don't like this

You can ignore this resident troll's opinion, he doesn't have an X1, just a PS4 and he's obviously not happy with it, probably didn't realize it would be lacking in games :(

www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/68052381

Knew it....damn kinect needs to die. Its what's stopping me from even considering xbone...
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#10dementedlullabyPosted 12/9/2013 10:46:15 AM
For the most part.

The OS needs an overhaul. Incredibly bare bones at the moment. They need to integrate xbox.com still. It doesn't toast bread. Smartglass is cool when it works. The five games I have are good and all exclusive. Two retail and three download only titles. Still a few download games I want to try out. Kinect works surprisingly well considering the crapfest 1.0 was.

I look forward to see where we are by next Xmas season.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie