Can you use the same xbox live account on both Xbox one and Xbox 360?

#1da_man244Posted 12/9/2013 12:32:53 PM
An example of what i'm trying to say is the following. I currently have an xbox 360 back at home in the states. Right now i'm abroad because of a job offer and would like to buy an Xbox one. So once I return back to the states and want to use my Xbox 360 do I have to recover my gamer tag every time? The last time I did an xbox live gamer tag recovery was in 2007. I went to a friends house and I logged into my xbox live account on his 360. Once I got home I had to recover my gamer tag on my 360 and I lost every single game save I had. I don't want to lose the game saves I have on some games. Does anyone have an answer to my question. Thanks in advance and I would really appreciate it.
#22ndAtomiskPosted 12/9/2013 12:35:04 PM
yep
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#3Juzten76Posted 12/9/2013 12:37:19 PM
You can be logged into both at the same time also.
#4TBONE_OGPosted 12/9/2013 12:38:38 PM
Juzten76 posted...
You can be logged into both at the same time also.

Yes you can and it's delightful. I can talk to my 360 friends while playing X1.
---
Always O.G.
#5TBONE_OGPosted 12/9/2013 12:43:15 PM
da_man244 posted...
An example of what i'm trying to say is the following. I currently have an xbox 360 back at home in the states. Right now i'm abroad because of a job offer and would like to buy an Xbox one. So once I return back to the states and want to use my Xbox 360 do I have to recover my gamer tag every time? The last time I did an xbox live gamer tag recovery was in 2007. I went to a friends house and I logged into my xbox live account on his 360. Once I got home I had to recover my gamer tag on my 360 and I lost every single game save I had. I don't want to lose the game saves I have on some games. Does anyone have an answer to my question. Thanks in advance and I would really appreciate it.

Oh and sorry, let me answer your question:

No you do NOT have to recover your profile. If you get an X1, put your account on it and all -- you're good on that machine.

Now when you boot up your 360, your tag still be there -- no recovery or anything. The system will load up your Xbox One achievements in a few seconds, all under one gamerscore category.

So have no worries. You will not lose game saves.
---
Always O.G.
#6suicide machinePosted 12/9/2013 1:53:52 PM
da_man244 posted...
Once I got home I had to recover my gamer tag on my 360 and I lost every single game save I had. I don't want to lose the game saves I have on some games..

you mean game saves as in game progress saves? those are on the machine storage, unless you chose to save to the cloud. but I've done gamertag recoveries and had no problem accessing my cloud saves on the different machine.... if you actually mean game saves on the harddrive, those will not transfer with your gamertag.
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork
Beware the Sons of Anarchy: Richardson, Harrison, & Wilkerson
#7GamerMinglePosted 12/10/2013 1:05:52 PM
True that you can easily get your gamertag set up on XBONE, but because MS has something against backwards compatibility, you cannot move your xb360 downloaded games over... So out of those free games for gold you have been getting, only a few will be able to be played on your XBONE.
---
GamerMingle.com --- Stop Playing with Yourself!