SO is Kinect REALLY about invaluable gameplay experiences OR SPYING?

#21leelee3105Posted 12/9/2013 3:59:36 PM
HiddenRoar posted...
SythisTaru posted...
stekim40 posted...
Spying.

but.. c'mon we all REALLY knew that anyway..

So so happy I dropped MS this gen.

Lol, if your Kinect sent ANY large amount of data over the internet without permission, you could sue them for MILLIONS.

lol, good luck trying to sue the government.

you wouldnt have to. You could sue MS. But, yeah good luck with that too lol
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#22BriisacePosted 12/9/2013 4:19:17 PM
Had my xbone nearly a week now and haven't set it up yet. I'm not a foil hat wearer, just haven't got around to it.

If it bothers you that much just leave it in the box.
---
GamerTag = Briisace.
#23SythisTaruPosted 12/9/2013 4:21:15 PM
Briisace posted...
Had my xbone nearly a week now and haven't set it up yet. I'm not a foil hat wearer, just haven't got around to it.

I'm just waiting for the PC version of Kinect 2 to come up, or for someone to create a hack for the cord so the Xbox One version can be used with PC. I want one badly! (well, I want TWO specifically. For mocap.)
#24AzaneAzerPosted 12/9/2013 4:27:54 PM(edited)
Why did Sony come up in this discussion?
Anyways

PRISM was a real thing, Microsoft has gone on record saying they work with the NSA to provide personal information to the government, so it's pretty obvious they're still doing it.

There's no "denying" or anything

Turn off fanboy mode for 5 seconds and realize theres a 100$ spycam being sold with the consoles, and it isn't that heavily used in gameplay that it's "essential"

Briisace posted...

I don't think that many people enjoy throwing 100$ in the toilet, You might though?
#25Jonbazookaboz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 1:03:52 AM
I know the simple answer is- well dont get one. However as a long time gamer i object to my hobby being used as a secret surveillance to spy on me. Whatever happened to just gaming for fun? U dont see other entertainment industries spying on their customers.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#26TBONE_OGPosted 12/10/2013 1:13:58 AM
It's for both.... all-in-one console, bud.

/sarcasm

Ugh... it's not spying. Prove it is. All these reports coming out are from 2007-2008.
---
Always O.G.
#27GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 1:27:22 AM
SythisTaru posted....

"Lol, if your Kinect sent ANY large amount of data over the internet without permission, you could sue them for MILLIONS."

LOL. You REALLY believe that don't you?

Please explain why no one is racking in the "chedda" with that exact argument about LG Smart TVs?

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/21/lg-admits-smart-tv-data-collection/

Ya, it was....."unexpected".....that YOU would figure it out sucka!
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#28GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 1:37:54 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
It's for both.... all-in-one console, bud.

/sarcasm

Ugh... it's not spying. Prove it is. All these reports coming out are from 2007-2008.

Well, its been ON RECORD since 1999 that MS has GIVEN "backdoor" access to all Microsoft OS since 95.
http://www.heise.de/tp/artikel/5/5263/1.html( story was/ has been confirmed and NEVER refuted or challenged since well, they just owned up to it.)

You believe they got to like Win7 and were like "Oh hey, NSA/FBI/ect..... we not going to be keeping your "backdoor" access in your new OS. That OK?" man if you believe THAT! I have a bridge in Brooklyn I need to sell.....CHEAP!
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#29CyborgTwentyPosted 12/12/2013 4:11:31 AM
Spying.
#301nternationa7Posted 12/12/2013 4:17:54 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Spying.

---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947