It's almost as if Microsoft doesn't wan to succeed

#1133zer0Posted 12/9/2013 4:50:24 PM
First of all, I own a 360/One/PS3 and will be getting a PS4 around march, so don't take this as trolling. But I just don't understand how microsoft goes about it's business with this:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/09/studio-must-delay-multiplatform-game-to-get-xbox-one-release

Way to drive away potentially awesome games on your console, MS.
---
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
#2slyman19Posted 12/9/2013 4:53:24 PM
The only games MS will lose will be indie trash. I`m fine with that.
---
Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk is my favorite game ever!
#3BraxSimeonPosted 12/9/2013 4:56:34 PM
It'd seem more plausible that they didn't want to succeed if they weren't actually, you know, selling lots of systems right now.

It's also hardly the first time anyone has demanded that a game launches on their system at the same time as the competitors. It hasn't killed any console maker yet.
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#4wolfwingPosted 12/9/2013 4:58:35 PM
Yeah but could that start effecting big industry games and such.
---
currently Playing Pokemon X/white 2
#5Mander1861Posted 12/9/2013 5:01:34 PM
slyman19 posted...

What a stupid comment.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 153 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#6BraxSimeonPosted 12/9/2013 5:03:34 PM
Mander1861 posted...
slyman19 posted...

What a stupid comment.

You can't really call his comment stupid without inherently calling his personal tastes stupid. In which case...
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#7Mander1861Posted 12/9/2013 5:05:12 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
Mander1861 posted...
slyman19 posted...

What a stupid comment.

You can't really call his comment stupid without inherently calling his personal tastes stupid. In which case...

No I can.
I just did actually.
Dont feel like explaining how the video game industry works to a dolt.
---
Gamefaqs most "liked" and respected poster. Global warming is real. My IQ is 153 Mensa certified.
Evolution is fact. Gamefaqs Life coach and mentor.
#8133zer0(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 5:05:21 PM
Indie trash? Wow, way to generalise, idiot.

I think it's a bad move both ethically and business wise. The PS4 has made A LOT of people "jump ship" for various reasons (my personal opinion is that the consoles price is the main reason). It just seems like another bullet in the foot.
---
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
#9Satchmo25Posted 12/9/2013 5:05:54 PM
wolfwing posted...
Yeah but could that start effecting big industry games and such.

doubtful

"While a reprieve could have been found if Witch Beam had exclusivity deals in place before the ID@Xbox programme was announced, as Microsoft will work with studios on a case by case basis to consider waiving its rules in those instances, unfortunately this doesn't help the Assault Android Cactus team."

Android Assault was caught in the transfer
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#10bessy67Posted 12/9/2013 5:06:11 PM
I think it's smart that they demand launch date parity. Otherwise every single indie game would be timed exclusive for Sony because of the pub fund.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67