It's almost as if Microsoft doesn't wan to succeed

#41slyman19Posted 12/9/2013 5:26:42 PM
-Oath- posted...
slyman19 posted...
-Oath- posted...
slyman19 posted...
The only games MS will lose will be indie trash. I`m fine with that.

Wow. Is this guy serious?

Yes I am. Indie games are the worst thing to happen to the video game industry.

I pray that you are on Xbox.

Xbox, Playstation, 3DS, Wii U, PC. I go where the good games are.
---
Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk is my favorite game ever!
#42CKnightPosted 12/9/2013 5:51:53 PM
This will likely force alot of devs to not do timed exclusive deals with Sony.
#43OZ_ArchangelPosted 12/9/2013 5:59:58 PM
Ok so one minute fans are crying that companies like EA, Capcom, Square have been stinking it up. So when small indie companies are trying to make some money to turn their company into a major player one day to possibly make AAA games one day you all cry foul? You just cant win, you gotta support the little guys because they can be real players one day in the industry, more competition is better for everyone because one day they might make a great franchise that we will enjoy.
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#44NINFanboyPosted 12/9/2013 6:08:52 PM
ITT: People would rather play one space marine shooter after the other than grow balls and step into unknown territory. Hick don't eat what hick don't know.
---
There's a shoulder where Death comes to cry - Leonard Cohen
#45CallmegePosted 12/9/2013 6:11:48 PM
slyman19 posted...
The only games MS will lose will be indie trash. I`m fine with that.

Except they have the exact same policy for retail games and did on 360 too.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#46thedude008Posted 12/9/2013 6:15:28 PM
this from the company that constantly boasts about (and pays to have stuff) "first on xbox"

i know it's slightly different, but i find that kind of funny.
#47CallmegePosted 12/9/2013 6:18:33 PM
CKnight posted...

Except PS4 will have the bigger install base... so there's more incentive to develop for PS4 to begin with and less incentive to do timed exclusives with Xbox.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#48CKnightPosted 12/9/2013 10:43:04 PM
Callmege posted...
CKnight posted...

Except PS4 will have the bigger install base... so there's more incentive to develop for PS4 to begin with and less incentive to do timed exclusives with Xbox.

Depends how big the install base is. If its in the 80 to 100 million consoles sold like the PS2 sure but if its how it is now where the difference between the 2 is a couple million a developer would be dumb to only support the PS4.

Even if the PS4 sales 50 million and the Xbox One only 30 million, that's 30 million potential buyers. Lets be real the average big game not CoD or GTA sales maybe 2 to 5 million on each console.

Most sale under 2 million copies. Unless Sony lends heavily toward the dev cost theres very little incentive to support just one of them. A dev/publisher would just be limiting themselve to how much money they can make off of software and DLC sales.