what system do I buy multiplatform games on?

#1PrettyBoyMarthPosted 12/9/2013 6:06:11 PM
I have an Xbox One right now and love it but I'm also getting a PS4 sometime this month.

What system do I buy multiplatform games this gen? Last gen, it was 360 for multiplatform games and I currently want quite a few, like Ass Creed IV and Battlefield 4 to name some.
---
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 504
#2NINFanboyPosted 12/9/2013 6:11:40 PM
What are your friends getting?
---
There's a shoulder where Death comes to cry - Leonard Cohen
#3knightimexPosted 12/9/2013 6:17:08 PM
IMO ps4 would be idea, but ultimately you should get what your friends are playing.

For single player go for the version you think is the definitive.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#4AzaneAzerPosted 12/9/2013 6:20:27 PM
Ps4 is physically superior
#5mike468Posted 12/9/2013 6:23:38 PM
NINFanboy posted...

With online play, i don't think it should really matter much what system his friends are playing. I'd say it's more about which console with have a bigger online community for the games. If his friends aren't online, he'll still want to find people to play against. Xbox was the clear winner last gen, I guess at this point you could say the PS4 is winning with more sales and a potentially bigger community.

Personally I skipped the PSN community because cheating was a huge problem in the hand full of games i tried to play online. that might be a factor for you too.

For single player though, go with the game that offers the best experience.
---
The Official Thunder Of The Killer Instinct Board
#6cheezedadadaPosted 12/9/2013 6:35:32 PM
For me it will depend on the game and whether its multiplayer or singleplayer. Everyone I know has an Xbox One, so if it's Mutiplayer I am going Xbox One. This also applies to shooters and stuff where the controller feels better.

If it's a single player only game and the PS4 load times are better or whatever other benefit, I will go PS4.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#7motoraptorPosted 12/9/2013 6:41:16 PM
mike468 posted...
NINFanboy posted...

With online play, i don't think it should really matter much what system his friends are playing. I'd say it's more about which console with have a bigger online community for the games. If his friends aren't online, he'll still want to find people to play against. Xbox was the clear winner last gen, I guess at this point you could say the PS4 is winning with more sales and a potentially bigger community.

Personally I skipped the PSN community because cheating was a huge problem in the hand full of games i tried to play online. that might be a factor for you too.

For single player though, go with the game that offers the best experience.

It's the other way around, you will definitely find matches no problem... playing with friends makes games infinitely (exaggeration) more fun.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#8GambitbuzzkillPosted 12/9/2013 6:53:28 PM
knightimex posted...
IMO ps4 would be idea, but ultimately you should get what your friends are playing.

This is the method I mostly use.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#9jayoheazyPosted 12/9/2013 7:00:14 PM
knightimex posted...

Couldn't agree more. It all depends on what your friends play on, but generally speaking the cross-platform games look waaay better on PS4. I prefer Xbox for MP online shooters to play with my friends, but adventure/single player games I play on PS4
#10Legend524Posted 12/12/2013 2:52:02 AM
I applaud this thread. No fanboying at all. Why can't all topics be this civilised?