what system do I buy multiplatform games on?

#21AconformistPosted 12/12/2013 5:56:04 PM
I currently own both systems, and this is my philosophy on multiplatforms:

Games that I will primarily play for the single player mode, little to no multiplayer: PS4

Games that I will play a lot of multiplayer: Xbox One.
#22MEBCitadelPosted 12/13/2013 3:36:57 PM
I own both systems, and as far as multiplatforms go it's really going to depend on if there's a significant online component to that game. I *think* most of my buddies are going to wind up with PS4 because they're more casual so to them casual = cheaper. Therefore I'll be playing BF, COD, GTA, etc on PS4. There will probably be a couple multiplats I get for X1 though. Maybe.

Also super lawl at narcissistic PS4 that needs to be a meme like right now.
---
"Every game with online has jackasses, they're the thing that brings balance to the force.........." -kylekillgannon
#23TheWayOfTheGunPosted 12/13/2013 7:28:46 PM(edited)
PC

This is coming from someone who uses the 360 controller on every PC game I play aside from the mouse only RTS.

Consoles these days are only good for exclusives. Back in the 90's and early 2000's it was a different story, but not so much now.

I can understand the casual console gamers not wanting to buy a PC that can support a solid GPU but hardcore console gamers who ignore that possiblility are silly. You don't have to fully convert. I never did.

---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#24Foxx3kPosted 12/13/2013 7:39:33 PM
If it's MP, get it on what your friends are getting.
If it's SP and has no pseudo-MP features you care about, get it on the system that has the controller you prefer.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#25Reflex-ArcPosted 12/13/2013 7:42:31 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
PC

This is coming from someone who uses the 360 controller on every PC game I play aside from the mouse only RTS.

Consoles these days are only good for exclusives. Back in the 90's and early 2000's it was a different story, but not so much now.

I can understand the casual console gamers not wanting to buy a PC that can support a solid GPU but hardcore console gamers who ignore that possiblility are silly. You don't have to fully convert. I never did.

I'm actually with you on this. I have every intention of picking up any multiplats that interest me on PC and leave the Wii U, PS4, and XBO for exclusives.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#26TheWayOfTheGunPosted 12/13/2013 7:49:14 PM(edited)
Reflex-Arc posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
PC

I'm actually with you on this. I have every intention of picking up any multiplats that interest me on PC and leave the Wii U, PS4, and XBO for exclusives.

Damn, so you upgraded all 3 consoles already? I actually bought the Wii, PS3, 360, and 2 gens of GPU's (2x 470's -> 770) in this previous gen but now that I look back, it wasn't worth it when I mostly just bought exclusives. I am really hesitant now.
---
Glorious God Gamers > PC Master Race > Console Peasants ---> http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/508/644/9eb.jpg
#27Foxx3kPosted 12/13/2013 7:50:32 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
PC

Damn, so you upgraded all 3 consoles already? I actually bought the Wii, PS3, 360, and 2 gens of GPU's (2x 470's -> 770) in this previous gen but now that I look back, it wasn't worth it when I mostly just bought exclusives. I am really hesitant now.

I'd rather have worse graphics and the ability to play games with my friends than better graphics and being stuck with randoms.

But what do I know, I'm just an inferior console gamer, right?
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#28Reflex-ArcPosted 12/13/2013 7:57:10 PM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...

Yeah, I may have a bit of a gaming problem. I'm pretty selective of the games I buy, so it's never a matter of not having enough time to play them all, but at the same time I like to have options. All of the platforms have (or will have) great games to play.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#29DisgaeaNutPosted 12/13/2013 7:59:31 PM
PS4 for multiplats
#30CyborgTwentyPosted 12/18/2013 4:49:46 AM
PlayStation 4