To people who have the xbox one. How is the Kinect part of the system?

#1john11ver44Posted 12/9/2013 8:01:04 PM
Just wondering if it actually works well? Honestly is it pretty cool? Do you have to speak loud? Does it annoy your partner/wife with the voice command stuff? When this thing gets upgrades and gets tweaks down the road do you see this kinect thing being a plus to all the naysayers, to the point you can't look back?? Does the console run loud or hot? Thanks.
#2pickletoucha22Posted 12/9/2013 8:05:27 PM
Xbox very dangerous you should be careful
#3Jiggysan10Posted 12/9/2013 8:08:57 PM
pickletoucha22 posted...
Xbox very dangerous you should be careful

That screen name though.
#4cheezedadadaPosted 12/9/2013 8:09:16 PM
I honestly was anti-kinect at one point and preferred it to be sold separately (still kinda do believe that), but it was pretty damn neat to use. I only had maybe 2 commands all weekend while visiting my family that I had to repeat twice.

As for the system running loud, you would have NO idea its on. At my brothers house I couldnt hear a single thing, nor could I tell in my friends apartment with different room acoustics. It's very quiet. Not sure about it running hot because I didnt touch it.
---
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#5godslayer61Posted 12/9/2013 8:12:28 PM
It is fine so far for zoo tycoon and the interface of opening pages but we will have to wait and see.
---
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975----------http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#6DojoMaxPosted 12/9/2013 8:14:01 PM
As far as loudness the ps4 is louder and that system is pretty quiet itself.

I find my self using the Kinect more and more everyday. I had it turned off and I went to say Xbox on and was upset cause I forgot I shut it off. And I only shut it off because when I recalibrated it I must have made it too sensitive to sounds cause it was reacting to the kids background noise. Other than that its OK better than Kinect 1.0 and when Dance Center comes out me and my wife will use it a lot more.
---
XBL: xShotz 101x | PSN DojoMax | I've had both systems and they're both garbage... :) | stop trollin
#7cheezedadadaPosted 12/9/2013 8:15:55 PM(edited)
As for games, its pretty neat there but I didn't use it for everything. It works well in games like NBA2k because you can shout out stuff like 'pick and roll' or 'post up'. Also in Dead Rising 3, you can use it to issue commands to followers and even yell "over here!" to get the attention of zombies.

I found myself using it a good amount, but at the same time I enjoyed quiet time with the system as well. Most of the time spent gaming was using just the controller.
---
#8john11ver44(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2013 8:15:41 PM
Also I happen to be different here, but I find the xbox one to be a very sharp looking console. Its pretty slick looking. But that's just me. Come January, I'm getting one. Everything I have been researching on both machines draws me back to the one machine I have wanted since the beginning - xbox one. First game on my list Forza! all the way!
#9cheezedadadaPosted 12/9/2013 8:17:17 PM
john11ver44 posted...
Also I happen to be different here, but I find the xbox one to be a very sharp looking console. Its pretty slick looking. But that's just me. Come January, I'm getting one. Everything I have been researching on both machines draws me back to the one machine I have wanted since the beginning - xbox one. First game on my list Forza! all the way!

My friend has them side by side and they are both great looking consoles.

I am going for the Xbox One first as well and will follow up with the PS4 hopefully shortly after. I havent played Forza yet, but my brother loves it. I personally thought Dead Rising 3 was the best game so far and I miss playing it right now.
---
#10CKnightPosted 12/9/2013 8:17:22 PM
From my exp it's pretty quiet and doesn't run hot at all. I would say the Kinect itself runs hotter than the console.

The Kinect is pretty cool and with it on the console boots up and log in faster than the 360. It also makes doing things a bit quicker since you don't have to move through the various tiles.