The Xbox1 is using Windows 8, so why should someone switch from a PC?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox1 is using Windows 8, so why should someone switch from a PC?
3 years ago#1
The Xbox One has a game-centric operating system, too. But it also has a stripped-down version of Windows 8, designed to be more flexible and optimized for non-gaming applications like Skype and Hulu.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-22/xbox-one-has-not-one-but-three-operating-systems.html
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
3 years ago#2
Did you read the article?
3 years ago#3
My nipples have Windows 8, Greg. Can you milk me?
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
3 years ago#4
CKnight posted...

yes, it has 3 operating systems and one of them is a stripped down version of win 8. don't give us whats on a pc!
3 years ago#5
skermac posted...
CKnight posted...

yes, it has 3 operating systems and one of them is a stripped down version of win 8. don't give us whats on a pc!

And consoles are stripped down PCs optimised to get everything out of their resources because there is only one configuration
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell Gamertag: Crystyn 7B
3 years ago#6
CapwnD posted...
My nipples have Windows 8, Greg. Can you milk me?

lol
GT(360 and One): BasuraKILLER
PSN(Vita Only): BasuraKILLER
3 years ago#7
Wow, is TC for real? It's like he didn't think about it for even half a second. He just instantly correlated some flamebait once he heard 'Windows 8'.
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
3 years ago#8
krystyla posted...
skermac posted...
CKnight posted...

And consoles are stripped down PCs optimised to get everything out of their resources because there is only one configuration

Well yes, they are now stripped down versions of a pc. The good news is with a stripped down version of Win 8 it should be easy to update. What I am seriously wondering is if an update gave us Win 8.1 and we don't even know it. MS isn't advertising Win 8 on the X1, I don't know why, I have it on my laptop and I like it.
3 years ago#9
The Xbox One can fit a ton of.channels into its 362ghz disk drive. That's why.
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
3 years ago#10
Who is buying an Xbox One because it has Windows 8? Is that a selling point for a lot of people?
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox1 is using Windows 8, so why should someone switch from a PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived