I have to clear up the confusion on the Kinect spying thing

#1Mander1861Posted 12/10/2013 1:47:03 AM
It's for DATA MINING.
It's marketed as an improvement to your gaming experience but it is truly about DATA MINING.
Can't believe it's went on this long without people not grasping this simple concept.
That is all.
---
National Atheist coalition co founder. 171 Mensa certified IQ. Part time Astro physicist. Voted Gamefaqs most liked and respected poster.
#2dnmtPosted 12/10/2013 2:03:48 AM
Stop defending an indefensible, unethical practice. Just stop.
#3GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 2:05:20 AM
I don't get the vibe he is defending it.

"Data Mining" sounds like a synonym for "Spying" to me......
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#4Jiggysan10Posted 12/10/2013 2:05:35 AM
That, and m$ are trying to see the peen
#5Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:07:15 AM
dnmt posted...

I'm not defending it.
It's just that's what it is.
I'm not talking conspiracy theory or human rights I'm just talking factually.
It is solely for data mining.
---
National Atheist coalition co founder. 171 Mensa certified IQ. Part time Astro physicist. Voted Gamefaqs most liked and respected poster.
#6Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:07:55 AM
Jiggysan10 posted...
That, and m$ are trying to see the peen

Lmao yes and that too :)
---
#7InjusticeRebornPosted 12/10/2013 2:10:30 AM
dnmt posted...

You need to pop over onto the Skullgirls message board, or any game to do with Konami, and spread the word!
#8Mr_arizonaPosted 12/10/2013 2:24:29 AM
I believe Microsoft is not working with the NSA cause where is the money in that? Microsoft could turn out way more money than the Government could ever throw at them right now and if it got out Microsoft knowingly gave info about us then that would basically be the end of the company and you can't make money when you have no business.

If the NSA is hacking into Live and other gaming systems it's cause they're smart and can get around it. Microsoft is not going to commit company suicide with this.

Microsoft right now IS collecting our data but not for fighting terrorist or to help the NSA. They are collecting data on us to sell to Doritos or Mountain dew saying look at Gamer #5278900 and how engaged he is into your Dotitos ad or Gamer 2261237 and how his heart rate increases when he saw the box of Oreos open.

We are just a number they can sell to other companies for more money so they can focus on more effective advertising so they can also make more money. $$$ Is more powerful than all Governments and corporations combined.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#9MrSpaM111Posted 12/10/2013 2:24:48 AM
I'm sorry, but the NSA are not just collecting 'marketing data'. You should probably look up who the NSA, PRISM and Edward Snowden are before posting again.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#10Mander1861(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:28:35 AM
Mr_arizona posted...

We are just a number they can sell to other companies for more money so they can focus on more effective advertising so they can also make more money. $$$ Is more powerful than all Governments and corporations combined.

This guy gets my point.
---