Keep Tabs On Which Xbox One Games Use The Cloud

#1Dev445Posted 12/10/2013 10:16:03 AM
by Mike Futter

Microsoft has leaned heavily on the concept of "the cloud" for multiplayer gaming. Microsoft Studios vice president Phil Spencer talked to us about the cloud as an important tool for scalability. Respawn Entertainment has detailed how the technology will play a role in making Titanfall a better experience. Now, you can find out which of your games is using the service.

Reader Marc Price pointed us toward this help page on the official Xbox website. While the support material deals with connecting to friends and dealing with network address translation (NAT) problems, a section at the bottom specifically identifies which games are using the cloud.

Currently, only Forza Motorsport 5 takes advantage of Microsoft’s cloud servers for multiplayer. All other titles are handled via other means, including publisher-run servers.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/12/10/keep-tabs-on-which-xbox-one-games-use-the-cloud.aspx
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#2CoordinatesPosted 12/10/2013 10:18:16 AM
so they are liars lol
---
PSN: pPpPancakes
Not sure why you'd add me but okay >.<
#3khardboredPosted 12/10/2013 10:18:54 AM
Nice find.

To stem off all the people that are going to come in here with their "omgz teh clowdz!!!!", you have to consider that the console is still in its infancy. Give it time and I am sure developers will better utilize this feature.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/10/2013 10:21:28 AM
Coordinates posted...
so they are liars lol

What did they lie about? Cloud has only been announced to be free like a month ago. Developers didn't have access to it before. MS isn't forcing people to use it either. They said that in the future, it will be a free service for developers. Its up to them to use it or not.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5shootsmackPosted 12/10/2013 10:24:19 AM
Unsurprising. Forza has some of the best clouds I've ever seen.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#6assassin10133Posted 12/10/2013 10:42:23 AM
shootsmack posted...
Unsurprising. Forza has some of the best clouds I've ever seen.

Ok, this made me laugh
#7MRL3G3NDPosted 12/10/2013 10:45:55 AM
the cloud is a server farm in a basement somewhere, only complete morons will take it as something else
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#8MCC1701Posted 12/10/2013 10:55:30 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
the cloud is a server farm in a basement somewhere, only complete morons will take it as something else

This

MS said they were offering access to their server farm for very cheap, and now free. There obviously is a catch, as migrating to the servers is actually pretty easy, but honestly everyone knew something was up when MS offered them for "free"
---
36: Ancient
Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma.
#9DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/10/2013 11:17:54 AM
Actually we don't know anything yet except that MS probably didn't have them "free and ready" for the first wave of developers since they specifically set most of it up THIS year.

But good to see trolls trying to say MS is "lying". MC can stop pretending to be a stealth troll now. All he does on PS4 and Xbox One boards is hide trolling through concern. Sorry but care trolls are so last month.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H