Ryse is awful... but I do sure hope games look like this in the future

#1DesperateMonkeyPosted 12/10/2013 11:18:15 AM
Just beat Ryse and I must say, this is one of the worst action games I've played in a long time. Granted, I hate God of War and think its already too shallow for my tastes so you can imagine that Ryse really just sucks total ass for me. Its got like 4 attacks and you have them ever since the beginning and while you don't mindlessly spam those buttons, its basically as deep as when you start off in DMC4 with only swings, grabs and a basic combo. Actually, its about 300% more shallow since Dante actually begins with like 3x more moves than this guy even during the tutorial... As a fan of real action games like Viewtiful Joe, Bayonetta, DMC and Ninja Gaiden, Ryse would be a complete joke.

Strangely, the multiplayer was quite fun for a bit. Maybe this was in contrast to how bad the campaign was and completely pointless the story was.\

But I would be lying if I didn't say I was impressed by how the game looks. Its depiction of rome was quite beautiful it was quite impressive how the armor and environments looked. By far the best out of any of the launch games so far. I certainly don't want to see a sequel to Ryse but I do hope as the system becomes optimized and so on, developers will start making games look like ryse but with good gameplay. If DMC5 looks better than ryse (and it should right? Since its launching later) then I am super hyped.

Btw, this game was on my rental list. Finished it in 3 days and sending it back.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#2knightimexPosted 12/10/2013 11:20:46 AM
Stopped reading at I hate God of war
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#3DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 11:23:17 AM(edited)
lol casuals... This is why there are people still excited about Ryse. Where you think this QTE garbage is inspired from? God of War isn't for hardcore action fans like me. Its for people who want to feel badass by spamming buttons and have no concept of timing.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#4DelRowePosted 12/10/2013 11:22:49 AM
It's Crytek. They don't make fun games.
---
You are not in control.
#5PoloMan6Posted 12/10/2013 11:23:03 AM
You hate it.

I love it.

Close topic.
#6knightimexPosted 12/10/2013 11:24:52 AM
Does it honestly matter where qte came from?
No.
/thread.
---
I spanked you as a baby, I'll spank you now. B****!
-Evil Betty
#7shootsmackPosted 12/10/2013 11:28:12 AM
Ryse is my favorite show this year.
---
You belong on the blizz D3 forums, it was built for people like you. Like how some barns are built specifically to contain filthy animals.
#8McGriff67Posted 12/10/2013 11:33:13 AM
DesperateMonkey posted...
lol casuals... This is why there are people still excited about Ryse. Where you think this QTE garbage is inspired from? God of War isn't for hardcore action fans like me. Its for people who want to feel badass by spamming buttons and have no concept of timing.

What a snob. Its video games dude not extra credits for a college degree. Who do you think you are trying to tell people to what degree they should fantasize in a video game? Good for you that you like to feel challenged at every turn and pushed to your limits but some people like me just want to have fun and feel like a titan and crush their enemies without frustration. That's why there are difficulty settings Hoss.
---
Once a Knick always a Knick.
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 12/10/2013 11:34:06 AM
Historically speaking, games will look leaps and bounds better than Ryse, a launch title.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#10DesperateMonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 11:36:50 AM
McGriff67 posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...

What a snob. Its video games dude not extra credits for a college degree. Who do you think you are trying to tell people to what degree they should fantasize in a video game? Good for you that you like to feel challenged at every turn and pushed to your limits but some people like me just want to have fun and feel like a titan and crush their enemies without frustration. That's why there are difficulty settings Hoss.

I didn't say it was easy. I said it was shallow. There is a difference.
---