If you think the kinect is used to watch you then......

#1Cowboy082288Posted 12/10/2013 11:42:01 AM
you don't know anything about video streaming. It would not be hard for those that do know about it and are computer savvy to find out if they were sending out video threw their internet connection.

If it were happening it would have already been found out by now. Most the people saying this nonsense are just trolling. To the very few that actually think this could be happening, trust me it is not.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#2MachineGunNunPosted 12/10/2013 11:48:24 AM
OK random person online. I trust you.
---
Two Lines Of Destruction
#3MRL3G3NDPosted 12/10/2013 11:54:21 AM
I don't think it would happen on a daily basis

but I think if they targeted you they could easily do it, and you wouldn't notice it.
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#4bob15xPosted 12/10/2013 11:55:09 AM
MachineGunNun posted...
OK random person online. I trust you.

well if you believe kinect spies on you then you probably don't trust anyone anyways.
#5Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 2:37:49 PM
MRL3G3ND posted...

but I think if they targeted you they could easily do it, and you wouldn't notice it.

I don't profess to be an expert on networking or video/audio streaming. Some people are though, they would eventually catch the extra bandwidth usage. People would figure it out.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#6SteelToothPosted 12/10/2013 2:58:44 PM
"Through", not "threw".
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#7Solid_SchmittyPosted 12/10/2013 7:33:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#81nternationa7Posted 12/10/2013 7:40:18 PM
Kinect spying does not have to be live streams. It could be clips stored in the cache being uploaded whenever convenient. Just fyi TC.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#9kakarot-uchihaPosted 12/10/2013 8:19:44 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...

I don't profess to be an expert on networking or video/audio streaming. Some people are though, they would eventually catch the extra bandwidth usage. People would figure it out.

do you see the problem here? no really. see youre saying its not likely, /point of topic. most, if not all, agree with you. but when it's physically possible is brought up, the fact that its possible is shot down and argued with 'not likely' logic and hilarity ensues, feelings are hurt and we have another teenage pregnancy.

good point trying to come up with at least something for that argument though, thats really cool. you thought, and actually tried to back up your point with actual information as oppsed to speculative bumper sticker anecdotes. let alone simply deny technical fact, make a joke and move on. cool.

saying 'eventually' catch them is outright admitting its used maliciously, but i get what youre saying and i also hope ms has massive security and redundant checks in place. i started to, but i honestly don't want to give some devils advocate examples. i'm no expert either but just in case, i'd rather not give anyone ideas.
#10GotTruthPosted 12/10/2013 8:21:01 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
you don't know anything about video streaming. It would not be hard for those that do know about it and are computer savvy to find out if they were sending out video threw their internet connection.

If it were happening it would have already been found out by now. Most the people saying this nonsense are just trolling. To the very few that actually think this could be happening, trust me it is not.

kinda like this guy blew the lid off the LG "SMART"TV's recording the file names from connected flash drives not only you TV channels......
http://doctorbeet.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/lg-smart-tvs-logging-usb-filenames-and.html#comment-form

Its not like the NSA has been caught red handed using World Wide Telecom networks like Verizon to Drag Net EVERYONES data instead of SPECFIC targets named out for having shown REASONABLE SUSPICION. I mean that would be crazy right?

Never mind the NSA/SKYPE connections.....and you WOULD use the Kinect for SKYPE on the XBone, yes?
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57593339-38/nsa-docs-boast-now-we-can-wiretap-skype-video-calls/
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n