Why is gaming a predominantly male hobby?

#11sharksfan7Posted 12/10/2013 5:03:49 PM
mewmew42 posted...
Because women grew up and became mature human beings\

That's rich!
---
PSN: The_IceisRight , XBL: skelly415 , 3DS FC: 1521-2854-5997
#12JusticeSwordPosted 12/10/2013 5:11:48 PM
The same reason women dont get paid as much as men, or that the top 10 richest women in the world inherited their wealth as opposed to earning it, or the fact that women dont have the same rights as men, even though they outnumber men & live longer.

Dem womens need 2 get wit da program & sort it out.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#13gohoanqPosted 12/10/2013 5:16:05 PM
JusticeSword posted...
The same reason women dont get paid as much as men, or that the top 10 richest women in the world inherited their wealth as opposed to earning it, or the fact that women dont have the same rights as men, even though they outnumber men & live longer.

Dem womens need 2 get wit da program & sort it out.

Please do go on about how women don't have the same rights as men in the western world since you didn't exclude it.
---
---
"Bad biscuits make the baker broke bro" - Jake the Dog.
#14The Real TruthPosted 12/10/2013 5:25:12 PM
40% of gamers being women would only apply to Facebook "games" and cheap games on phones.
---
David Hayter
Seriously, Who in the hell is "Draven?" (Sounds like a draggy crow.)
#15death cloudPosted 12/10/2013 5:25:59 PM
Because it isn't and you just think it's that way because that's the way you see it. It's nearly 50/50.

</topic>
---
Let's all try to be nice.
#16AzaneAzerPosted 12/10/2013 5:26:55 PM
ESA was the one saying 40% are women,

http://www.edge-online.com/news/esa-study-shows-40-gamers-are-women/

was my first google search, I honestly had heard 40% elsewhere but forgot where.
#17SomboSteelPosted 12/10/2013 5:27:07 PM
death cloud posted...
Because it isn't and you just think it's that way because that's the way you see it. It's nearly 50/50.

</topic>

Link?
#18AjidoMarujidoPosted 12/10/2013 5:34:38 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
40% of gamers are female, it's only a perception that men are so dominant in the market.

The fact that the male demographic has so many games catered to them, makes it amazing that women are that close.

No possible way it's that close...

I'm all for equal rights and good stuff... but the only way that it even gets near 40% is if you include people who play Cityville, Just Dance, and Candy Crush Saga as "gamers".

Going by the definition of "gamer" that most people on this website accept, I'd be surprised if it's even 80/20.
---
[[Currently Playing]] -- Ys: Memories of Celceta (Vita), A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
[[PSN - MilesEdgeworth]] ~ [[XBL - The 22nd]]
#19death cloudPosted 12/10/2013 5:38:02 PM
AjidoMarujido posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
40% of gamers are female, it's only a perception that men are so dominant in the market.

The fact that the male demographic has so many games catered to them, makes it amazing that women are that close.

I'm all for equal rights and good stuff... but the only way that it even gets near 40% is if you include people who play Cityville, Just Dance, and Candy Crush Saga as "gamers".

Going by the definition of "gamer" that most people on this website accept, I'd be surprised if it's even 80/20.

What are those that play Cityville, Just Dance, and Candy Crush besides "gamers", a word that has the definition of "one who plays videogames".

Protip: Don't start sentences with "I'm all for equal rights and good stuff..." because as SOON as you type/say those words I know you're about to say something racist/sexist/exclusionist.
---
Let's all try to be nice.
#20RyuuHou25Posted 12/10/2013 5:40:11 PM
death cloud posted...
AjidoMarujido posted...
AzaneAzer posted...

What are those that play Cityville, Just Dance, and Candy Crush besides "gamers", a word that has the definition of "one who plays videogames".

Protip: Don't start sentences with "I'm all for equal rights and good stuff..." because as SOON as you type/say those words I know you're about to say something racist/sexist/exclusionist.

I can go out and set a trap and catch a rabbit for dinner, doesn't make me a hunter >.>
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A