how much truth is there to the rumor that microsoft rushed the XB1?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 12/10/2013 5:05:00 PM
just to try and cash in on the upcoming holiday season
---
PS3 Tag: VV_Argost
XB1 Gamertag: GamerClawdeen
#2slyman19Posted 12/10/2013 5:06:27 PM
All three next-gen consoles were rushed.
---
Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk is my favorite game ever!
#3rb10001Posted 12/10/2013 5:09:56 PM
how much truth is there to the rumor that sonny rushed the ps4 just to release before microsoft?

i swear... the trolls are so bad now. they don't even know how to troll and just ask stupid questions. i also find it funny two trolls told everyone about the new update. that should tell you how this board is. the gamefaqs board was better with the first ever xbox. that's saying something.
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#4NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 5:12:28 PM
rb10001 posted...
how much truth is there to the rumor that sonny rushed the ps4 just to release before microsoft?

i swear... the trolls are so bad now. they don't even know how to troll and just ask stupid questions. i also find it funny two trolls told everyone about the new update. that should tell you how this board is. the gamefaqs board was better with the first ever xbox. that's saying something.

considering that when Sony Announced The PS4....The Xbox One Wasn't Announced at all

it'd be like saying Fox Is Rushing the next x-men movie to release before the next batman movie...
---
#5BeefEasterPosted 12/10/2013 5:12:53 PM
they had much longer to develop a new console than most other generations

that doesn't mean they used their time wisely though
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#6Satchmo25Posted 12/10/2013 5:13:03 PM
Doesn't seem like MS rushed anything, the games were ready so the players are happy. Now look at PS4. Knack and KZ which everyone forgot about 5 min after launch. THAT reeks of rushed
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#7gala12Posted 12/10/2013 5:19:55 PM(edited)
All three next-gen consoles were rushed.

^^ This, both PS4 and Xbox One feel rushed, still a couple of updates to go for them to feel more stable and complete, the Wii U's UI was incredibly bad when it released, and it is still quite mediocre after a couple of big updates, at least it got a bit faster than before when it took five minutes to get back to the home screen or the settings options or ... well you get the picture

as for the games ? yup definitely rushed..

but the gaming industry did need the new consoles to release ASAP
---
Gamertag: galamb
PSN: galamb
#8NightMareBunny(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 5:20:20 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
Doesn't seem like MS rushed anything, the games were ready so the players are happy. Now look at PS4. Knack and KZ which everyone forgot about 5 min after launch. THAT reeks of rushed

They Rushed Killer Instinct and many features on the xbox one seem broken like party chat the lack of data management no notification on when the controller battery is low(or how much is left)and the fact that the menu is a pain to navigate without kinect 2.0(they might have done that on purpose to get more people to use it)

can't really blame sony for two games that would have been the same no matter the time given
---
#9tzuydPosted 12/10/2013 7:10:05 PM
NightMareBunny posted...
how much truth is there to the rumor that microsoft rushed the XB1?

It's pretty obvious; you could tell back at the E3 announcement when they showed very little that wasn't preprepared video footage. Hell, their upload studio functionality was still only in 'screenshot' form back at that point (read: artists conception)...

Compared to Sonys announcement show where most if not all of it was demonstrated live it's clear MS had a pretty hefty task ahead of them to get the console released in a usable state by the holiday period. Pretty impressive result in the end, I'd say.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."