is best buy gamers club unlocked going to kill gamestop and other retailers?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. is best buy gamers club unlocked going to kill gamestop and other retailers?
1 year ago#1
the deal is almost to good to be true, 100% extra trade in credit, and 20% off ALL NEW games, plus the gamer magazine each month with at least 160$ in coupons in each magazine.

so in other words, new ps4 games for me are 47.99, and when i trade in a game i get anywhere between 44-50$ credit.

i see no point in buying new games anywhere but best buy with this deal.
1 year ago#2
Would be good but if it does well Gamestop will adjust theirs, also even if they didn't I would rather drive 15min to Gamestop and not 1.5hr drive to Best Buy.
1 year ago#3
Oh crap when did this start? How much is the subscription?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
1 year ago#4
i dont know about killing off gamestop but if they make it well known and keep up with demand then it sure will be giving them a run for their money.
1 year ago#5
i believe its 100$ for the year but it came with the system bundle i bought at best buy, but yeah i think 99.99 a year which is paid for if you buy just 8 new games in the year, also no to mention if you are a gamer who likes to buy a game, beat it, then trade it in towards a new one, well with this gamers club unlocked you can trade in a game and get 44-50$ credit and not even have to pay any cash towards a new game.
1 year ago#6
p3r0x1d3 posted...
i believe its 100$ for the year but it came with the system bundle i bought at best buy, but yeah i think 99.99 a year which is paid for if you buy just 8 new games in the year, also no to mention if you are a gamer who likes to buy a game, beat it, then trade it in towards a new one, well with this gamers club unlocked you can trade in a game and get 44-50$ credit and not even have to pay any cash towards a new game.

Oh aight sounds cool, but $100 a year is kind of steep. I'll have to check it out
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
1 year ago#7
It would be pretty neat, were it not for the fact that it's $120 for 2 years. For previous members that got it for only $30 or so though, it's a pretty nice value.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
1 year ago#8
p3r0x1d3 posted...
the deal is almost to good to be true, 100% extra trade in credit, and 20% off ALL NEW games, plus the gamer magazine each month with at least 160$ in coupons in each magazine.

so in other words, new ps4 games for me are 47.99, and when i trade in a game i get anywhere between 44-50$ credit.

i see no point in buying new games anywhere but best buy with this deal.

https://my.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits

It is actually 10% trade in credit. Still sexy altogether, but a little less mystical.
---
I have two hard rules that I live by: I don't $#%@ with the devil, and I never do tag-teams with blood relatives.
1 year ago#9
No because they pissed me off and I won't go back there with my games anymore. Maybe they should honor the prices they list.
---
XBL = Bassna OG
1 year ago#10
Too bad Best Buy has a garbage selection of games.
This is the only reason GameStop is better.
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '04.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. is best buy gamers club unlocked going to kill gamestop and other retailers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived