Can anyone help me with today's Xbox One OS update?

#1icewolf74Posted 12/10/2013 8:17:20 PM
I just read online that an Xbox One firmware update was made available but I have absolutely no idea how I get it or if I even have it since my console is on the low-power state all of the time, like the instructions say to download it, but it still says 6.2...010 under the system section of my Xbox One console.

So could someone give a step-by-step walkthrough on how update our Xbox One consoles since Major Nelson's instructions are way too confusing. They did say it was going to be available at 5pm PST, and it is 8pm MST; which is where I am located. So it should be available to download, right?

Thanks.
#2bob15xPosted 12/10/2013 8:26:38 PM
if its in low power state then you already updated it
#3icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 8:35:10 PM(edited)
Hmmm...okay. If so, then that's cool that I don't have to do anything on my part.

Weird thing is though, Kinect isn't automatically signing me into my Xbox One as of today; so I guess I have the new update as it was signing me in before and that could be a new bug with the update. Should I recalibrate the Kinect video just in case?
#4CyberEvilPosted 12/10/2013 8:38:49 PM
Turn your Xbox off with the voice command. Then keep your Xbox in your field of view while you do something else. It'll download in the low-power state and when done will pulse the Xbox logo on the console several times followed by the console turning all the way off. You'll know that happens, if you're watching, since the power brick light will go orange for a second. Then you power on with the Xbox logo on the console and it'll update.
---
Live: CyberEvil
PSN: CyberEvil-PSN