Positive Topic - Ryse: Son of Rome

#1DamnEvilDogPosted 12/10/2013 9:46:19 PM
You know... I switched my preorder of this game and went with Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag instead because I was scared off by the reviews of the game, but today I went ahead and got it since I had sold my old magic card set for $210 on ebay.

Game does look better then any game I have ever played before, and thus far the combat seems fun enough, yes I know people say it gets repetitive, but for some people it grates less on then others.

So this game is a "positive" addition to my collection and have been enjoying it quite a bit so far ^^
#2sniper33Posted 12/10/2013 10:10:46 PM
Im gonna try to get this game tomorrow. I have $25 gc and another $25 in BB rewards coupons. So I will be getting the game at a pretty good price, so even if it is horrible the price is right. Yeah I heard it is repetitive, but a lot of games kinda are, they just do it in a different way.

I would use my savings on Assassins Creed or Dead Rising, but I feel those games would be worth the full price when I do get them. I just don't want another Lair in my collection (horrible game for full price).
---
If you turn off the lights and say 360 3 times Bill Gates comes and steals your wallet - PG13
#3Semp1Posted 12/10/2013 10:25:24 PM
I think the game is very entertaining. Doesn't deserve anything less than a 7-7.5
---
XBONE+PS4=True Gamer.
#4DamnEvilDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 10:26:16 PM
sniper33 posted...
Im gonna try to get this game tomorrow. I have $25 gc and another $25 in BB rewards coupons. So I will be getting the game at a pretty good price, so even if it is horrible the price is right. Yeah I heard it is repetitive, but a lot of games kinda are, they just do it in a different way.

I would use my savings on Assassins Creed or Dead Rising, but I feel those games would be worth the full price when I do get them. I just don't want another Lair in my collection (horrible game for full price).

Well I got both AC IV and DR3 at launch and those to me at least are very good, very fun!

This game I decided to give a shot, I was sitting in the car on the way home with my brother with a sense of dread... till I put the game in and got past the installs, very nice^^
#5DamnEvilDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2013 11:35:21 PM
Semp1 posted...
I think the game is very entertaining. Doesn't deserve anything less than a 7-7.5

Just enjoy the crap out of SP then dived into some online matches where I did not do so well but had fun xD;;

This is most assuredly gets a 7 for me, score might go up depending on how I feel the story goes (heard bad things) ^^;
#6DamnEvilDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 8:49:47 AM
Bump to press this forward in front of other topics given life by dirty trolls ^^
#7AzaneAzerPosted 12/11/2013 8:51:16 AM
It's a solid renter, but the game doesnt last.
#8DamnEvilDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 9:05:15 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
It's a solid renter, but the game doesnt last.

Well as far as I played it it seems to be really good, combat isnt feeling repetitive yet, guess I will see.
#9PudgeisafishPosted 12/11/2013 9:20:16 AM
Picked up over half a dozen games and wanted this game to be the first I played, beat, and sold... but I just can't seem to get myself to remove it from the disc tray.

I feel bad for the other games I have just sitting there collecting dust.

It deserves nothing less than a 7, but I personally rank it a solid 8.5!

I love the story, though not historically acurate, and the characters expression. Graphics and settings are amazing.

Multiplayer is good fun!
#10Exodus_PrimePosted 12/11/2013 9:25:34 AM
I might be the only one who feels/thinks this about RYSE...but the voice actor for Marius does a solid job, I actually believed he lost what he lost in the game, the way he tells his story, It's like an awesome movie you get to play in. I'm loving the campaign so far, the multi player is good fun if you just want to jump into some quick slaughter matches.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.