Positive Topic - Ryse: Son of Rome

#11DamnEvilDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 9:38:46 AM
Pudgeisafish posted...
Picked up over half a dozen games and wanted this game to be the first I played, beat, and sold... but I just can't seem to get myself to remove it from the disc tray.

I feel bad for the other games I have just sitting there collecting dust.

It deserves nothing less than a 7, but I personally rank it a solid 8.5!

I love the story, though not historically acurate, and the characters expression. Graphics and settings are amazing.

Multiplayer is good fun!

Well I look forward to finishing it, also to get better at the fighting so I am not so useless in the online xD;;

Exodus_Prime posted...
I might be the only one who feels/thinks this about RYSE...but the voice actor for Marius does a solid job, I actually believed he lost what he lost in the game, the way he tells his story, It's like an awesome movie you get to play in. I'm loving the campaign so far, the multi player is good fun if you just want to jump into some quick slaughter matches.

Yes the voice acting was really good, and the fact the character models were SO damn good helped convey the emotions quite a bit.
#12_SCOTSLADPosted 12/11/2013 9:42:32 AM
I agree I like Ryse, I don't get what they say about the combat being repetitive because EVERY game is repetitive and if you don't like the style then why hate on it.
---
"I just heard a *FUMP* sound, like that of a billion fanboy heads exploding in unison."
#13AndrewHDPosted 12/11/2013 9:43:38 AM
Multiplayer is great if you give it time, I wish the solo versions let you go round to round
---
:Inhabitants of Peach Trees, this is Judge Dredd.
#14PoloMan6Posted 12/11/2013 10:39:01 AM
AzaneAzer posted...
It's a solid renter, but the game doesnt last.

I disagree.

I Played thru to completion.

Did you?
#1595_EclipsePosted 12/11/2013 10:40:50 AM
Lol. Guess there literally is fans for anything.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#16DamnEvilDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 10:46:14 AM
The game felt good to me, the combat felt dynamic and ALMOST like when I was playing the Batman: Arkham games.

This is just my opinion of course, lot of people share the same opinion, lot of people don't and that is fine as well ^^
#17TBONE_OGPosted 12/11/2013 11:05:09 AM(edited)
_SCOTSLAD posted...
I agree I like Ryse, I don't get what they say about the combat being repetitive because EVERY game is repetitive and if you don't like the style then why hate on it.

This.

Ryse is great. Can't wait to dive into it more (I just can't stop playing DR3).

There's a challenge up right now for beating the game and playing on all verses maps so I'll def being doing all of that soon.

Anyone who owns an X1, I'd highly suggest picking up this game when you get a chance.
---
Always O.G.
#18MmaguyPosted 12/11/2013 11:10:09 AM
I enjoyed the game quite a bit. The story is fairly interesting, the graphics are amazing, and the combat is simple yet interesting. If this game was 5-6 hours longer, the combat would probably get pretty stale and boring. However it's not that long of a game, so the combat never outstayed its welcome for me.

Overall I have way more fun with Forza/Killer Instinct, but Ryse was certainly a good game and i don't regret buying it at all. It's one of those games that I'll pick up and play some months from now as it's so short and enjoy the finishing blows and pretty graphics.
#19mahgah91Posted 12/11/2013 11:15:14 AM
I played a bit of it and it's definitely fun. I wouldn't buy it at full price but if it becomes $30 or less, it's pretty much a must-buy for me.
---
3DS FC: 1822-0233-2390
#20DamnEvilDog(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 11:20:34 AM
Good to see a lot of like minded people posting, like I said earlier I had a HUGE sense of dread while driving home after pulling the trigger on the game, what I was treated was a truly next gen looking game, I have never seen anything that good looking and I even have a gaming PC!

I know the resolution was a blah spot for some, but I never saw one jaggie and just looked awesome, and I did enjoy the combat, looking forward to going back to it a bit later ^^