Hacking risk?

#1AnakeriePosted 12/10/2013 11:41:05 PM
Okay, I know I'm going to get torn apart for this, so please, commence getting the hotdogs and marshmallows over me.

Let's leave the government out of this entirely. How much risk is there, realistically, of a hacker gaining control of the system, for example using it to case a house? Or just people looking to get their jollies by spying. I don't think it's a tin-foil hat issue. Back in the early days of cell-phones you could pick up conversations just by turning an old UHF TV to the end of the dial. I wouldn't do it NOW but as a young teen I thought it was the coolest thing ever. This is biggest reservation about the One. Not government snoops: just a guy down the block with some minor computer skills.
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#21nternationa7Posted 12/10/2013 11:46:03 PM
Nobody really knows for sure yet. Valid concern yet this console hasn't been out long enough to probe the vulnerabilities in the system.
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#3crynryanPosted 12/11/2013 12:57:51 AM
Was the 360 hacked to ever do this? Even when the whole OS was blown open years before Kinect came out? Since it never did, seems to me like it'll never be possible on Xbone.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#4TyrannicalPosted 12/11/2013 1:02:14 AM
There has been hacks out for laptop cameras for years, and most people forget their laptop even has a built in camera.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.