I've been wondering, why does the Xbox One not say "Xbox One" on the system?

#1WhatPollPosted 12/10/2013 11:35:56 PM
I had this ever since launch, and yet I just noticed that. Sure, it simply says "Xbox" with its logo on the bottom left side of the top part of the console, but never "Xbox One". More perplexing since all game cases have "Xbox One" on colored and raised plastic.

And we all experienced people calling the Xbox 360 the "Xbox" if they don't say "360", and so for people who don't know about the "Xbox One", and looking at the console may be a bit confused, as it doesn't say the entire name on it.

Granted, the Playstation 4 only says "PS4" in depressed text on the right side of the front of the console (I own that as well, which like Xbone, I got at launch), and not the full system name. Meanwhile, the Wii U (owned at launch as well) remains the only next-gen console which states the full name of the system on the lower right hand corner of the system (as well as the Gamepad).

So I am wondering why MS would omit the full console name on the system itself...
#2leelee3105Posted 12/11/2013 12:54:40 AM
WhatPoll posted...
I had this ever since launch, and yet I just noticed that. Sure, it simply says "Xbox" with its logo on the bottom left side of the top part of the console, but never "Xbox One". More perplexing since all game cases have "Xbox One" on colored and raised plastic.

And we all experienced people calling the Xbox 360 the "Xbox" if they don't say "360", and so for people who don't know about the "Xbox One", and looking at the console may be a bit confused, as it doesn't say the entire name on it.

Granted, the Playstation 4 only says "PS4" in depressed text on the right side of the front of the console (I own that as well, which like Xbone, I got at launch), and not the full system name. Meanwhile, the Wii U (owned at launch as well) remains the only next-gen console which states the full name of the system on the lower right hand corner of the system (as well as the Gamepad).

So I am wondering why MS would omit the full console name on the system itself...

You sir need to go buy some new games
---
"I educated myself entirely on Wikipedia. I think harmless typos are a sign of stupidity."
#3WhatPoll(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 6:53:53 PM
bump
#4SkeddyConwayPosted 12/14/2013 9:39:26 AM
Fair question
---
...like hearding cats, if the cats stopped every so often to call you gay.
GT/PSN/GC: Skedd
#5Lerp85Posted 12/14/2013 9:40:32 AM
Don't need the system to tell me what it is.
---
I buy DLC. If that makes me a "sheep" then oh well. Don't like it? Oh well, get over it.
#6CoordinatesPosted 12/14/2013 9:45:40 AM
Lerp85 posted...
Don't need the system to tell me what it is.

TC, I think Microsoft wanted to copy the iPhone design, since iPhone's don't have their number on it, but just the phone's name, lol.
---
PSN: pPpPancakes
New User/Troll/Ignore - The official three words of the GFAQs community.
#7FinzFan4lifePosted 12/14/2013 9:48:54 AM
Why do you feel the need to point out that you got all at launch does that make you feel better about yourself, does it make you feel better than people, or just pointing out that you still live at moms house and have no life.

Now you will respond with I'm such and such age and make x amount of money and are active in the community and rarely play games
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#8_V1Posted 12/14/2013 9:54:29 AM
FinzFan4life posted...
Why do you feel the need to point out that you got all at launch does that make you feel better about yourself, does it make you feel better than people, or just pointing out that you still live at moms house and have no life.

Now you will respond with I'm such and such age and make x amount of money and are active in the community and rarely play games

Lol! Wtf is this?
---
Try harder next time,
Good day sir/s
#9Cowboy082288Posted 12/14/2013 10:13:40 AM
_V1 posted...
FinzFan4life posted...

Lol! Wtf is this?

lol I don't know, someone is grumpy today.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#10Ray_d2nerdPosted 12/14/2013 11:15:31 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
_V1 posted...
FinzFan4life posted...

Lol! Wtf is this?

lol I don't know, someone is grumpy today.

http://fin6.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/eb5f16eea4e27547686fd108bf6b7c524.jpg
---
"i was a too long signature for gamefaqs so i changed myself into this miserable shape!"
From Ray_D2Nerd's Signature.