I am baffled by some of the UI changes!

#1Suppa UglyPosted 12/11/2013 11:48:21 AM
Well, maybe not so much UI changes, but the way they have chosen to process things. One if the things that I lived about my 360 is how quick and easy it was to see which of your friends are currently online, and quickly viewing an achievement you've gotten. These systems worked so elegantly.

Now though, the entire process is so damn tedious. You have top back completely out of the game. The friends menu defaults to ALL your friends with no option to set it to default to online friends display.

On the 360, if someone sends you a message/game invite our you earn an achievement, all you have to do is hit the guide button while the notification is still on screen and you instantly get to see it. Why would they take this feature away? It's so damn inconvenient the way they do it now.

But the thing that really irritates me is the inability to see a list of the most recent people you've played with online. So now if you want to tell some one "good games" or talk trash to them, you have to try to remember their gt, then search for them.this is really frustrating when you take into account, that it works beautifully on my 360.
---
They'll make PSN even free-er.DeadCell222 on possible PS3 price drop
#2grampamurkedPosted 12/11/2013 11:53:04 AM
Agreed 100%

Don't know how I feel about needing an engineering degree to invite friends to play
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#3Suppa Ugly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 11:59:16 AM
grampamurked posted...
Agreed 100%

Don't know how I feel about needing an engineering degree to invite friends to play

I know right?!?! Like seriously, what the hell? It simply refuses to work for Killer Instinct.
---
#4ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/11/2013 11:59:40 AM
I agree. Tired of getting xboned. Its like they did this on purpose. Tired of the ms nonsense. Ugh.

I think ps4 has a more user friendly ui
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#5nickr2d2Posted 12/11/2013 12:00:52 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...
I agree. Tired of getting xboned. Its like they did this on purpose. Tired of the ms nonsense. Ugh.

*reads meme under post*

mmm hmm. Sure...
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#6BlazingxPaddlesPosted 12/11/2013 12:01:11 PM
100% endorse this thread.

Hopefully changes are coming to the UI. They took a step back in user function.
#7EllesarienPosted 12/11/2013 12:01:29 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...

C'mon man...Just find something else to do with your time. This is so useless...
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#8ThatLaoGuyPosted 12/11/2013 12:58:30 PM
Ellesarien posted...
ThatLaoGuy posted...

C'mon man...Just find something else to do with your time. This is so useless...

Nothing else to do at work lol
---
Xbone fanboys are weird little irrational creatures. It's fun making them contradict themselves.
#9CyborgTwentyPosted 12/11/2013 1:01:22 PM
ThatLaoGuy posted...

This.
#10Suppa Ugly(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2013 1:15:58 PM
I have a PS4 as well, and it has done is the same Damn frustrating issues. You can't quick view trophies or quick reply. You can send a message without adding some one as a friend.

Now I will begrudgingly give MS credit for the smart glass stuff. It works surprisingly well as a companion app for games. I've been finding it very useful in Dead Rising 3.
---