I am baffled by some of the UI changes!

#21EchoX860Posted 12/12/2013 3:03:08 PM
People are grasping at straws to find something to complain about I see
---
GT: EchoX860
#22suicide machinePosted 12/12/2013 3:11:54 PM
Suppa Ugly posted...

On the 360, if someone sends you a message/game invite our you earn an achievement, all you have to do is hit the guide button while the notification is still on screen and you instantly get to see it. Why would they take this feature away? It's so damn inconvenient the way they do it now.

cant you instantly see a message or achievement by holding down the guide button when the notification is still on the screen? it even says "hold button for details" in the notification that pops up.
---
GamerTag: M Slender | Battlelog ID: Tooningspork
Beware the Sons of Anarchy: Richardson, Harrison, & Wilkerson
#23Raiden0406Posted 12/12/2013 3:14:50 PM
Having had the original Xbox since day one and the 360 since day one, I feel real confident updates to make things more user friendly are inevitable. Just be patient, this system is great for where it is in its lifecycle and will only get better.
#24sp1d3r82Posted 12/12/2013 3:24:11 PM
suicide machine posted...

cant you instantly see a message or achievement by holding down the guide button when the notification is still on the screen? it even says "hold button for details" in the notification that pops up.

Yeah, but it has to go to the dashboard, then load the notifications app. Then if you want to see the achievements it has to load that app as well. Then when you go back to the game those apps are still open and running because you have to manually close everything you open on the xbox one. On top of all of that they make it take forever to pull up a person's gamertag on the xbox one. By the time you get to their tag to message them (in which now all you can do is write messages, you can't send a voice meassage), you game match has already started. Also, I don't like how they talked up the new rep system and you can't even submit player feedback.

I really enjoy gaming on my xbox one, but the ui is a HUGE step backwards compared to the xbox 360. I really hope the updates come a lot quicker than 1 time a year as they did with the 360.
#25Shiek120Posted 12/12/2013 3:44:24 PM
I remember when I first bought a 360, with the blades - the UI was still very confusing...though things were in obvious places. What sucks right now is that the Xbox Button is used to go home, so it can't be used to bring up a little guide to invite friends or view achievements on the fly. It shouldn't be such a process, and what sucks is that I would LIKE going home to access friends, but FRIENDS IS A SEPARATE APP. That doesn't even make sense. I should be able to say Xbox Invite and it should give me a guide of my friends, and I can choose whether to invite them into a party or to the game.
---
I'm a Celtic.
#26MRL3G3NDPosted 12/12/2013 3:57:51 PM
Microsoft is notorious for taking 2 steps forward one step back

I work with computers, and it took me a while to learn how to find printer settings in Windows 8
when in Win7, it was in the start menu.

why do they do that?

Why do they take things that work, and make them harder more time consuming and difficult?

It is beyond me...you don't need extensive Quality testing to see that this system is far more cumbersome that the previous version...

I know they updated the dash many times over the years to make it finely tuned...that's the only hope I can hold on to

but it seems with the next generation of power available..they could start from the 360's set up and improve on that...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#27120N7Posted 12/12/2013 4:22:00 PM
Totally agree. Whoever designed or signed this UI off should be fired. It is a usability nightmare.

Tonight, I tried to party chat and play Ryse with my son. It was a convoluted exercise that eventually got the better of us. I have never comes across a less intuitive interface.

After the 360 UI, the Xbox one is a hot mess. There's no structure, no hierarchy, everything is too many clicks away. I don't want to speak to my console to navigate, not all the time, at least.

To add insult to injury, I downloaded the PS app for my phone today. I was shocked. it runs rings around SmartGlass.

Why can't I purchase a game or queue a download using SG? Why are messages not displayed as a conversation. Why do I have to scroll to see online friends? The list goes on.

I bought into the XB1 because of the Xbox 360 experience. I could forgive less powerful hardware. I value ease of use. How wrong could I be?

MS really dropped the ball by trying to fix something that wasn't broken.
#28EichiroNobunagaPosted 12/12/2013 4:24:01 PM
I really liked the 360's until it switched to boxes-and-ads.

PS3's took me awhile. I don't like how... uhh... "chunky" it feels.

I don't have either an Xbone or PS4 but I don't like what I'm seeing in regards to the UI.

I actually rather liked the Wii's interface, but it wasn't really a social console. The friend code idea sucked, but it worked for what it was. Same with the Wii U, since that's basically the same.
---
"Ponies." - Ares
Check out DIDOG on Youtube here at: http://www.youtube.com/user/DropInDropOutGaming?feature=watch
#29raided666Posted 12/12/2013 6:28:16 PM
120N7 posted...
Totally agree. Whoever designed or signed this UI off should be fired. It is a usability nightmare.

Tonight, I tried to party chat and play Ryse with my son. It was a convoluted exercise that eventually got the better of us. I have never comes across a less intuitive interface.

After the 360 UI, the Xbox one is a hot mess. There's no structure, no hierarchy, everything is too many clicks away. I don't want to speak to my console to navigate, not all the time, at least.

To add insult to injury, I downloaded the PS app for my phone today. I was shocked. it runs rings around SmartGlass.

Why can't I purchase a game or queue a download using SG? Why are messages not displayed as a conversation. Why do I have to scroll to see online friends? The list goes on.

I bought into the XB1 because of the Xbox 360 experience. I could forgive less powerful hardware. I value ease of use. How wrong could I be?

MS really dropped the ball by trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

Hopefully this helps you, but I have found the only way to party chat is to take the game out, start party chat, turn the mic on, then after you can hear each other put the game back in.....nightmare indeed, but I know it will be fixed, hopefully soon.
#30jayoheazyPosted 12/12/2013 6:38:36 PM
rusty12000 posted...
The UI is basically a limited version of Windows 8. Naturally its incredibly difficult to find anything.

^^This

They fashioned the UI like Windows 8 and unfortunately it does not work very well without a touch screen. I really really really hope they fix it and make the following changes:

- Fix your friend's list so that only people online will show up by default (with the option to look at everyone)
- Send you an alert when friends from your 'favorite' list log on
- Make achievements easier to get to/read what the heck you did
- Fix the voice commands more
- Turn off/close applications like PS4 (games will freeze occasionally and you can't close them down)
- Get rid of the stupid Friend's FEED!